Mardi Gras UpRiver @Jefferson, Texas

This was a vendor’s booth at our local Mardi Gras celebration in Jefferson, Texas. I thought the paintings hanging on the wall were beautiful so I took a pic. Would love to see what you can do with this image.

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

IMG_0580.CR2 (24.8 MB)

3 Likes

EDIT:
Processed in darktable 4.2.0
Canon 70D with 18-55 EFS kit lens

Amazing colors… lovely shot…

IMG_0580.CR2.xmp (8.2 KB)

Thanks for posting
darktable 4.2.1

IMG_0580_01.CR2.xmp (22.5 KB)

My version…

IMG_0580.CR2.xmp (23.6 KB)

Here is my very quick 3 minute edit. I identified what interested me in the image and cropped accordingly. I wanted to bring out the colors and played with the sigmoid module. The scene is very interesting but the paintings are too colorful to find their way onto my walls.

BTW, I actually prefer your edit.

IMG_0580.CR2.xmp (12.9 KB)

IMG_0580.CR2.xmp (15.7 KB)
So I went back and did a filmic v5 edit just for fun inpired by you more vibrant and contrasty result. It is only a little different to my Sigmoid edit, but I probably prefer it to my previous attempt.

Interesting how much detail is lost in the front red painting compared to sigmoid. Hmm.

I want to thank everyone that participated in this exercise. Everyone did an excellent job in processing this file.

1 Like

I liked your own rendition best so far. I think the style really suits the image.

IMG_0580.jpg.out.pp3 (13.6 KB)

IMG_0580.jpg.out.pp3 (26.1 KB)
Local Adjustments to revive the weathered carpet’s former colors to match the art, add some depth cue to the corner, brighten up one painting from some roof shade.