Marine Wallpapers

Was privileged to attend a ‘pelagic-birding’ trip way-off the east Australian coast a fortnight ago in search of ‘little-known’ avian species.
Some of the images looked like they might make nice desktop-wallpaper (…although I have only uploaded a lo-res pic here :wink:

)…let me know what you think, I don’t consider myself a photographer but enjoy taking nature pix.
I used a Canon EOS R10/RF 800mm ISM for this shot.

8 Likes

Hi Tom, welcome!

A nice piece of eye-candy, that’s for sure.
You’re in showcase category, so I guess you’re not asking for critique?
And yet you ask:

I find myself fascinated that you were able to get such a low-angle shot - it makes me wonder whether you were risking your camera getting wet with sea-water. The detail of the foreground waves is almost mesmerizing.

As a wallpaper, I would find it more effective without the bird.

Thank you for posting.

I love the simultaneous smoothness and roughness of the water. It looks so otherworldly when frozen in time like that, like glassy mountains. And the bird just adds another layer of movement to it. Wonderful!

1 Like

Thanks Martin, I was on a small boat but there was little spray. The whole purpose of the trip was too try and find and photograph a newly-described bird species (…which we did) but I was surprised by the quality of the images of the fairly flat sea (we were over 100 nautical miles east of mainland Australia) I have other shots which I’m quite proud of, might post them later.

Hi Tom, and welcome, lovely photo.

The new species sounds rather interesting…

Cheers from SE NSW!