Mark topic / forum read?

Is there a way to simply mark a topic (and / or at a higher level) as read without having to open it and literally scroll to the bottom? I know there’s this:

But none of these are the same as “read”. I don’t want to change anything about a topic nor its status as it relates to my account (e.g., I don’t want to remove it from Latest) – I just want it to “be” as if I read it. You know, like on every other forum. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @lphilpot ,
sorry, I have reached my “free usage limit” on the Deepl translator.
So, I post my suggestion in French.

Cliquer sur le bouton de sélection des nouveaux sujets. Au-dessus de la liste des sujets, il y a une icône (menu burger ?). En cliquant dessus, vous activez la sélection multiple des sujets.

Cocher la case à gauche des sujets, puis cliquer sur le bouton “Marquer comme vu(s)”.

I’m not seeing the “Mark as seen” button you reference? Here’s what I see:
Je ne vois pas le bouton « Marquer comme vu » auquel vous faites référence ? Voici ce que je vois :

?

OK, in English, the button is called “Dismiss”.

Yes, I saw that but the wording of the prompt is concerning:

It says “never” show up as unread again. I don’t want to change tracking, nor any other, status. I just want to mark it read, as if I had actually read it.

Thanks.

Hi,
I’m having trouble speaking in English, sorry.
What I mean is that by clicking on “dismiss”, without checking the deactivation box of the tracking, you will have marked all topics as read.
However, the monitoring status will remain unchanged.
I need to restart my browser to have the site interface in English. Maybe it’ll be easier to exchange.

You’re right - I had overlooked that option. I mistook the checkbox as being mandatory. That will do it en masse. Too bad the checkboxes aren’t there by default in any view. I have certain tag combinations bookmarked individually and view them as if they were discrete forums. Unfortunately I haven’t yet found a way to do this per “forum”.

That’s really my major (personal preference) gripe about Discourse – The cross-pollination it virtually enforces. It takes effort to keep information separate and organized by topic. I typically set up a view by tags, bookmark that and then never use tags again unless required (e.g., in searching).

Thanks.

Hi,
I’m glad I could help you, despite the language barrier.