Maybe something to keep an eye on and help your friends with: More Adobe TOS fun

4 Likes

Wow, I’m glad that I almost only use free software.

1 Like

Only good bit is that the industry seems upset and are saying so - be interesting to see it sucks it up or forces Adobe to change their mind…

Glad I don’t need it!

1 Like

They think they can abuse their power. However, I am not surprised. I know some Adobe users and they are pretty addicted to Adobe, they think they cannot live without them.

2 Likes

Follow up article: Adobe terms clarified: Will never own your work, or use it to train AI.

Their reasoning may sound reasonable — CSAM, spamming, illegal content [and may I add disinformation] are horrible things to be sure — but these are often used for dog-whistling and to justify the abuse of power in the name of getting rid of the bad stuff. The typical user is not nefarious: implying such is tone deaf and a faux pas.

But AI is coming, or here, according to big money. Windows Recall is here, which people are also writing about: Windows Recall demands an extraordinary level of trust Microsoft hasn’t earned.

1 Like

And so far, it seems to all be stored in a vulnerable space. Now attackers not only steal/see what you are doing now and in the future, but they can go into the past as well. What a time to be alive :smiley:

Meanwhile the book of faces wants to AI-harvest user data without their consent:

I mean govs and orgs have already been doing this. They either have not been caught, or people do not care enough or have enough agency.

Also quite meta to speak of Meta in Meta. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

best thing is that even another user on the same system can access the recall files as the permissions arent even closed down :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol

2 Likes

Not really affinity, but Canva. They’ll be changing it to a subscription model soon enough, don’t worry.

1 Like

holy moly i didnt know about the Adobe Stock thingie:

now this makes the latest Adobe uproar even more understandable

1 Like

Adobe is mistaking AI for inclusivity. Wait, inclusivity is not in their dictionary (or Firefox’s). :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:question:

Second image is from Firefox. As you can see, inclusivity is also underlined. Probably the same dictionary, so reality is less interesting than my hyperbole.

1 Like