Missing changed icon in lightroom view

Hi folks,

I’m using Darktable 3.8.1. I’m wondering where the little “changed” icon went on the thumbnails in the lightroom view. My use case is essentially the same as photo editing - In Darktable, how do I know which images have been edited (have settings)? - Photography Stack Exchange (which also has a photo of the icon I’m talking about). I remember this icon from a previous version, but can’t seem to find it now.

I’ve been able to get the collections filtering working to show the unchanged photos in a particular film roll, but I find that switching views back and forth makes the process harder than before.

Is there a setting somewhere that can enable this again? Or maybe the same information lives somewhere else now.

Thanks!

Hi @jplona, and welcome!

a) Operating system?

b) Isn’t 3.8.1 a trifle old?

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

1. Linux (Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS)

2. Possibly :slight_smile: But the primary user in this house has expressed an aversion to workflow changes, so I was hoping to avoid a large update.

Thanks!

What overlay do use? Click on star icon on top right (near gear settings icon)
Changing it could allow you to display more infos.

1 Like

Woot! That was it, had no idea about the overlay feature or what that star button does :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for your help, and for answering so quickly as well!

1 Like

Lots of work has gone into 4.2 that will really smooth out a lot of the quirks… might be worth a look… eg the new filmic alternative sigmoid module , some work in highlight recovery and many other changes under the hood…

2 Likes