Missing in the Lighttable timeline

As you can see, where should be a graphic, there’s nothing. Any idea how to solve this?
Thanks in advance.

I’ve edited the thread title so people don’t think you’re talking about Adobe. :wink:

Don’t know about the issue, I’m afraid.

I just looked up the online user guide and typed in timeline. Possibly you have hidden it by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+F

https://darktable-org.github.io/dtdocs/en/module-reference/utility-modules/lighttable/timeline/

If problem is not resolved by this please state OS and DT version so more knowledgeable people might be able to help

2 Likes

No sorry, it is there, but it shows nothing.

What?! I never wrote anything about Adobe, what are you talking about?

You said Lightroom - there’s no such thing as Lightroom in darktable. The only Lightroom is the software by Adobe.

2 Likes

What is the recorded capture date of your images?

edit:
Can you expand the Image Information module and select an image? It should tell you the date.

what do you expect to be there? Usually it’s a timeline, in culling mode it’s a filmstrip…

The timeline in the screenshot covers the period 2000-2015. You do have pictures in dt which were taken in that period?
(There’s one small rectangle visible at the extreme left of the timeline, perhaps a wrong timestamp/missing date info?)

Sorry, of course I meant Lighttable.

1 Like

No, it should appear a graph showing how many images there are in each time period mentioned below.

The timeline should be between 2015 and 2024. That rectangle is some type of error, I don’t know.

The recorded capture date of your images is from 2015 to 2024.
Yes, I can expand the Image Information module.

Oh, now I know what that rectangle is. It is the graph of some images (all images should apear like that) that were taken with a camera witch menu was reseted, so the date was wrong and was as 01/01/2000.

I corrected those images to the year 2023 and I almost solved the problem; however, the Ctrl + Scroll shortcut still doesn’t work properly. Thanks for your help anyway.

In that case it is absolutely normal your timeline is empty between 2000 and 2014. :man_facepalming:t4:

As you didn’t mention that issue earlier, I doubt anyone looked at it…

1 Like

Now I figured out that it is a darktable bug.

What is a darktable bug ?

• SCROLL and CTRL-SCROLL are working correctly for me, exactly as described here.
  • And from what you described, the problem with the displayed interval in the timeline was more likely a user error.