Mojito study case

This is a simple story of regret, vengeance, demon babies and a 70Kg ( 154 pounds) dog called Mojito, yes like the cuban drink, why… you need to be close to him, then you’d instantly understand :stuck_out_tongue:

I like this picture, so I developed it with Lightroom, then exported.

The more I looked to it the more discomfort I felt ??? So tried other developers… within photoflow reached something interesting but then the guy starting having panic attacks and as I reached the ZPL zero patience level I abandoned the ship in flames :fire::fire: have a good reincarnationnnn!! Truth to be told I push it… probably too far.

So I sit in Rawtherpee (like if it was a tractor) dressed like a sad clown to keep hammering what I pretentiously call inverse tonemaping (negative TM) which is a game that consists in dragging sliders left and right till I forget what the hell I’m doin’?! So basically I listen to music and push some sliders, then I write hypothetical emails to important people and push some more sliders and by bedtime, I have forgotten even my name, je je.

Most days all this nonsense ends up in a pile of pure pixel garbage. But this time, much to my surprise, didn’t and results are even kind of nice, nicer than LR’s version at least. After a gmic bath: LC, grain, homemade LUT, curve turning down opacities and messing with blend modes

I’ll leave the pp3 below – which ironically departed from the neg TM and used normal TM + wavelets popcronks – but have in mind that I have very particular way of shooting and for this specific photo I had an ultra- turd lens =)

m12_rebuttal-shadow_NR_vignrette_tonning.pp3.zip (4.1 KB)

cheers

PS
Edit to match the 1600 px in last photo

4 Likes

Cool lines, shapes, textures and shadows! How did you get Mojito to be just like so. My dog is an independent thinker, does what he pleases…

PS Might be better if you separated the tag items. Also, what is gim?

Thanks good @afre. Not my dog though, neither is the lady, je je je. All me dogs dead and buried… and cats and chameleons and frogs and birds and ducks, even the bees, all gone… if I had such a big dog I’d last 5 minutes, playing with him is martial arts training already, his fucking tail it’s like police stick, it hurts when he’s happy and wiggling it next to you :stuck_out_tongue:
But it was fun, the spur of the moment fun, the good willing, tomb sacrilege kind of fun and then additives and layers and also the lady wanted to go with the dog, who was in detention because the other (female) dog was scared; she was in good mood, the lady demon till I called her a devils’ advocate… she did not like it, but I don’t care, love comes rough… sometimes… when it comes and it’s not late or playing poker with you mortgage money. je je efing blood

The female dog, Maria when opposite of scared

Anyway, what kind of dog do you have afre, is it a nietzchean?
Have toi go, made lentils and I’m starving, cheers buddy :hugs::cactus::dog2:

PS
The gim was more like an error, fixed it, tak 4 heads up

The vertical lines on the door does make it look like a jail. I have a dachshund.

:slight_smile: Two of them here. Sorry for ot…

As in a reverse 3 lambs and the wolf, I had the impression that we were the ones locked… outside, a bit.
Dachshund = el perro salsicha, guey guey!!! =)

@heckflosse here’s all ot, a little miserable ot republic ,-)
So 3 dachhunds already… mmmm now we’re gonna need some bread and cornichons and some sort of algorithm of course, je ej