Monitor recommendation

My intention was to calibrate my monitors with the same tool and than to show the information about the achieved color gamut from the “View” page of the Color Information inside gnome-color-management to compare the different screens.

Unfortunately, calibration with my Spider 4 device does not work under ubuntu 22.04 any more.
I tried:
a) using the “Calibration” button on the color page. This starts the process but is stopped after pushing the “start” button with a simple “some internal error occurred” message.
b) used the argyll command line receipt from “askubuntu” and “Shane Milton Youtube” results both in a usable icc profile which is commented with “has significant color information on the grey axis”. Using these profiles I get a very pinkish white background.

I have seen others report problems like this and I am unsure where my problem is. Is it a software issue or is my device broken / dirty / anything else? This entire color management thing in linux is not very “comfortable” to say it gently.

Install the Display Cal flatak and use that. Never had issues with displaycal.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot. Worked perfectly with flatpak (which I assume you meant) on my desktop. Restored my believe in linux. Need to check if it also works with my laptop.

1 Like

My HP monitor came with a calibration report that seemed to be specific that particular device. It even (if memory serves) said which calibration tool was used.

1 Like