Montage combined with Faded array for 20 different images - How?

@dywen I don’t know how you have set up your notifications. Just wanted to let you know that I have made some edits to my previous posts, which you may or may not have caught. Kindly read them again.

Good luck.

1 Like

Hi, afre,

Thanks for following this up, I really appreciate this. Gmic is new for me and differs from Imagemagick, the tool I’ve been using for on my part modest batch image processing.
I can’t answer fast during the weekend, because, that’s play time, thus 4-your olds say :partying_face:

I still get the syntax error:

gmic 23 repeat ! local[>] +fill. 1 +circle. 50%,50%,{min(w,h)*.49} normalize 0,255 -[1] 1 blend_fade[0,1] . keep[0] endlocal done append_tiles 0 replace_color 0,0,-1,-1,-1,230,255,230 output montage-2.png
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `(’

Which is weird, because there is no ` and only one (
Que pasa?

And take your time, I have been doing a truckload of manual processing in the meantime - but I find this interesting to untangle! Food for futures.
Cheers!
Dywen
(back to being a pirate)

It may have to do with bash. I don’t have a Linux up and running, so I can’t check for you. One workaround is to make a command and save it in a *.gmic file. E.g.

It doesn’t have to be user.gmic. Could be any *.gmic as long as you insert it, just as you insert image files. E.g., gmic foo.gmic [...].

A procedure for Gimp. A bit of preparation required before applying gmic montage.

Some white / transparent edges. These come from my collection of edge-mask. White could be recoloured in gmic if required.
A very flakey script, sg-shuffle-layers.scm to radomise the layer order. I does work but also throws up error message.
A plugin, shuffle-and-merge-files.py to combine a layer stack of edges with a layer stack of portraits.

For those interested zipped on dropbox
Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life about 8 MB

A quick demo: 2 minutes

https://youtu.be/hPDEeiZpUdE

1 Like

The CLI command afre_portraitmontage and its GUI counterpart Portrait Montage (afre's G'MIC diary - #166 by afre) have been committed. Wait a hour or so to update your commands and filters.

1 Like