Move logos to About window

Hello @David_Tschumperle

I find the four logos in the bottom-left corner distracting. They are also difficult to discern, and unnecessary.
Would you consider moving them to the About section instead?

Not sure the institutions will be OK for that, but at least I’ll forward your suggestion to Sébastien, the developer of the Qt plug-in interface :slight_smile:

The dark theme does mitigate the distraction for me; i.e., dark on dark. Instead of an about page, how about splash window? Or whatever you call the thing that pops up when you launch an app (e.g. GIMP).

G’MIC-Qt takes about 1 second to start, that means that a window would appear for 1 second. That would be distracting and annoying. The point is to get rid of distractions :wink:

Could be done in Adobe flash if we want distracting :rofl:. I forgive you: sarcasm is hard to detect.

Speaking of logos and interface it will be nice ( if possible without too much hassle ) to rearrange a bit the bottom of the preview side so you can get a bigger preview which is always nice , maybe something a bit like this :

https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/36465120180106142726.gif
:slight_smile:

I had that thought too. Definitely better for screenshots :slight_smile:.

Another one is to place the logos as far from the preview window as possible. I think it is their proximity that makes them distracting.

1 Like

Logos don’t bother me; am using the dark theme so maybe afre might have a point. Regardless, you have to give credit with credit’s due and I don’t see anything wrong with the logos. Doesn’t take away, at all, from the effectiveness of the G’MIC plugin period. Yes; it’s a matter of taste but so is choosing to use G’MIC.

Keep up the great work, David. Personally am thankful for the entities that support your endeavors. :slight_smile:

Hi all,
latest version of Gmic answered to this, it is possible now to choose to display logos or not, and the UI is a bit different now for logos or the layers options :

We can end up with a very large preview if we need it, it’s just fantastic to have this option now.

Thanks a lot to all the people involved and working on G’mic :slight_smile: