My first color management experiment

I consider this not too bad to be an early experiment in color managing the entire chain :slight_smile:
All profiling was made using my Colormunki Photo.

• The setup is lit by a GrafiLite.
  • The monitor shows the developed shot.
  • The small print (lower middle of image above) shows the same after printing.

Yes, I have noticed that the image on the monitor is far too warm. However, I believe that that is because the monitor is lit by my desktop lamps, not by the GrafiLite.

3 Likes

That looks awesome!

In fact, can you print my shots? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice! That looks like a great result.

Shouldnā€™t a display be largely unaffected by other light sources given that itā€™s making its own light rather than being lit?

Impressive result! Iā€™ve never reached that point so farā€¦

This is excellent! Nice to see you went down the rabbit hole and managed to emerge.

Nice color matching! Does that monitorā€™s bezel actually have a ruler in it? Cool, never seen that before.

That looks great! Where and how can I order some prints?
:slight_smile:

Hi all,

Thank you for your positive comments :slight_smile: I am quite pleased myself, since the result became better than I hoped for. [After all, a colour printer of considerably higher standard would have cost me about 20 times as muchā€¦]

@elGordo Yes, it has a ruler bezel on all four sides. The monitor is a semi-old Asus PA 246Q with 98% Adobe RGB coverage and a P-IPS panel.

@martin_malepo Why on earth would you like to order a print of a yellow camera battery cardboard box, a blue and a red USB-stick and a green watchcase opener?

@paperdigits I agree ā€“ but I do not call it a rabbit hole, I call it an abyssā€¦

@DavidOliver Perhaps ā€“ but if you consider that the monitor emits about 25 Lux and the warm desktop lamp (being a foot away) emits 2485 Lux, there is in my mind no doubt about who is winning the race.

Now time to play with the small sample pack of ā€œfine artā€ papers I gotā€¦

1 Like

LOL!

what else can I say but thanks, that comment made my day!

2 Likes