My Photos suck, but that's OK.

In this video I take a look at some of my photos taken between 2016 and 2017, the first two years of my very short and unassuming street phtotography career.

I do a bit of self critique, helping me put my progress into perspective. Hopefully this is also helpful to you.

7 Likes

I really like your videos :clap: :clap: :clap:
The beer at the beginning is fantastic and has everything to do with the lighthearted way you get into the subject.
Keep’em coming.

3 Likes

Thank you. I’ve gotten comments (on a previous video) that starting off with a beer is unprofessional, but although I want my content to be helpful and useful, I want to deliver it in a casual, light-hearted manner.

4 Likes

No, please, keep the beer in the casting!

3 Likes

I enjoyed this, thank you!

1 Like

No, thank you.

You should consider cropping your images more.
What is the subject you want to show? Crop the rest.
This one picture of the guy standing in the street: You do this yellow blue color grading thing, BUT the poster is irrelevant! Just brutally crop everything away that distracts focus from the guys face expression. Focus.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Back in 2016 I was of the same opinion, I would tend to brutally crop everything that wasn’t the subject, but nowadays I find more and more that I enjoy showing a lot of context. I’m wishing for wider and wider shots.

The subject is the street, the setting.

And regarding the photo with the guy and the poster, I couldn’t disagree more. The poster is far from irrelevant, it’s actually at least half the story.

But thank you for your feedback.

2 Likes

Sure. Thought your subject was the person… What is the poster about that makes it half of the story?

“amanta” is “mistress” in Romanian.

Given Radu’s issue with the image you talk about was the passer-by in red shirt, I would have cropped out him.

Regarding that particular image, in hindsight, I would have also cropped out the passer-by.

However, the poster, as I mentioned beforehand, is easily half of the story.

2 Likes

Just got round to watching this. Enjoyed the style of presentation. Keep it going!

1 Like

Thank you.