My take on RawTherapee

I get a grey photo. ok. I can change contrast and so on.

Ok vith a new correction

Thanks.

Note: it shows that understanding how the pipeline is organised is important for user.

I get a grey photo. ok. I can change contrast and so on.

Ok vith a new correction
Thanks.

but B&W is not very useful for me in this case. I wonder if I can use CBDL as it is useful to soften the aspect as in original. will try.

note: it shows that understanding pipeline organisation is important for user.

Yes, I see the problem. I’ll think about a better solution.

I agree

How about this?

1 Like

For my use case, it is sufficient. And I am sure I can use all correction tools. thanks.

Any comment on this would be appreciated.
Especially in backlit situations I have a hard time to sharpen the subject with ART. ART seems to even prefer sharpening blown out areas instead of the subject.

Is this observation correct? Proposed solution doable? Should I report a bug?

one solution could be to expose a gamma slider for the mask computation. another would be to move sharpening to local edits, but I’d like to think a bit more of the local edits workflow first. finally, the third solution is to be gentle with global sharpening, and then apply cbdl locally with a mask: did you try that?

@Carmelo_DrRaw
You intended to build an Appimage for ART. Do you published it somewhere ?
Thanks very much for your work.
SM

I’ve started to work on it, but I was getting some crash at startup… then I got side-tracked by other stuff. I will have a look again ASAP

2 Likes

Thanks for the consideration, hoping that you will succeed.
SM

@agriggio
@Morgan_Hardwood
since last update (0.2.12) addition of french language I have a compilation error , and I am unable to get the build-art file :

80%] Building CXX object rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/profilepanel.cc.o
/home/serge/programs/code-art/rtgui/preferences.cc: In member function ‘Gtk::Widget* Preferences::getGeneralPanel()’:
/home/serge/programs/code-art/rtgui/preferences.cc:658:139: error: use of deleted function ‘bool Glib::operator!=(const Glib::ustring&, int)’
if (/“default” != langs[i] &&/ “README” != langs[i] && “LICENSE” != langs[i] && langs[i].size() > 0 && langs[langs.size()-1] != ‘~’) {
^~~
In file included from /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/exception.h:22:0,
from /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/error.h:22,
from /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/thread.h:47,
from /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm.h:88,
from /usr/include/gtkmm-3.0/gtkmm.h:87,
from /home/serge/programs/code-art/rtgui/preferences.h:23,
from /home/serge/programs/code-art/rtgui/preferences.cc:20:
/usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/ustring.h:1645:6: note: declared here
bool operator!=(const ustring& lhs, int rhs) = delete;
^~~~~~~~
[ 80%] Building CXX object rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/profilestorecombobox.cc.o
rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/build.make:2150: recipe for target ‘rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/preferences.cc.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/preferences.cc.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Attente des tâches non terminées…
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:218: recipe for target ‘rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:129: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

@srgmro Format your code to make it more readable

@Morgan_Hardwood
how I do that, I am far from being expert.
Serge Moreau

@srgmro my bad, I introduced a silly typo in my latest commit. Should be fixed now, sorry!

[ 80%] Building CXX object rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/profilepanel.cc.o
/home/serge/programs/code-art/rtgui/preferences.cc: In member function ‘Gtk::Widget* Preferences::getGeneralPanel()’:
/home/serge/programs/code-art/rtgui/preferences.cc:658:139: error: use of deleted function ‘bool Glib::operator!=(const Glib::ustring&, int)’
if (/“default” != langs[i] &&/ “README” != langs[i] && “LICENSE” != langs[i] && langs[i].size() > 0 && langs[langs.size()-1] != ‘~’) {
^~~
In file included from /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/exception.h:22:0,
from /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/error.h:22,
from /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/thread.h:47,
from /usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm.h:88,
from /usr/include/gtkmm-3.0/gtkmm.h:87,
from /home/serge/programs/code-art/rtgui/preferences.h:23,
from /home/serge/programs/code-art/rtgui/preferences.cc:20:
/usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/ustring.h:1645:6: note: declared here
bool operator!=(const ustring& lhs, int rhs) = delete;
^~~~~~~~
[ 80%] Building CXX object rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/profilestorecombobox.cc.o
rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/build.make:2150: recipe for target ‘rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/preferences.cc.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/preferences.cc.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Attente des tâches non terminées…
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:218: recipe for target ‘rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [rtgui/CMakeFiles/rth.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:129: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

this was the problem, now it should be fixed (like this):

&& langs[i][langs.size()-1] != '~') {

The ART compilation instructions no longer worked due to changed URLs. Now fixed.

1 Like

@agriggio
@Morgan_Hardwood
Thanks it works now.
Serge Moreau

1 Like

This is really cool. I actually been trying to pickup c++ so I can start hacking on RT and DigiKam myself. I do hope some of these features make their way up to RT. Making snapshots permanent, that is a dream. Bringing in features from Darktable is great (I love their file versions and filmic features).

I agree the interface can use a bit of a makeover. I have though there should be different modes, simple, advanced, and expert plus a custom mode.

Congrats and keep it up. This is good inspiration to go in and start hacking the code myself.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks! I’m doing my best… https://discuss.pixls.us/t/art-v1-0-is-out