My "Tiny Planets" from panoramas

Here are some of my most recent “Tiny Planets”.

I created these using my Pentax K100D, with Sigma 10-20mm lens @ 10mm, on a Nodal Ninja 3 Tripod head. Generally I try to shoot using bracketed images (resulting in 99 photos for each planet!) Luckily Hugin makes short work of stitching the photos into a panorama…

Planet Culross:
Planet-Culross by BrianInnesPhotography, on Flickr

Planet Aberdour Community Garden:

CommunityGardenAWeePlanet by BrianInnesPhotography, on Flickr

Planet Culross Abbey:
CulrossAbbeyExternalWeePlanet750x750 by BrianInnesPhotography, on Flickr

Here is my first ever Tiny Planet. I must revisit this one, since I’ve now improved my shooting and stitching technique. Plus all the scaffolding is now away from the Forth Rail bridge.

Planet North Queensferry:

NQWeePlanet by BrianInnesPhotography, on Flickr

11 Likes

I like the Culross Abbey Planet most.

Btw. we have an other tread about Tiny/Little Planets here:

4 Likes

@Tobias, looks like a lot of nice little planets in that thread!

I have a few waiting to be processed, but I’ll be sure to put them into that little planets thread, if it is ok to ressurect a thread from 2015…

Pretty darn cool micro-worlds (what I call them). Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

if it is ok to ressurect a thread from 2015…

Absolute, please reuse it.

1 Like

You can do people as well. The problem it solved is the original photo is of me and my brothers sitting around a rather messy table of food, that is now compressed into the very small centre of the photo. The cartoonish results does us no harm either.

2 Likes

This one is not perfect, but I like it:

4 Likes

My first planetoid. I used manual exposure and in-camera exposure stacking, but I forgot to use manual colour balance, so the nadir image is not as green as the others. Done with Hugin.

3 Likes

Nice “Tiny Planet”.
Sadly I havent done any of these in a long long time. My new camera (Canon 750D, with Canon 10-18mm kit lens) is too big for my current Nodal Ninja 3 Panoramic tripod head. And I can’t justify the cost of a newer & bigger Nodal Ninja model :frowning:

this one’s one of my faves; it feels like some weird green tennis ball :heart:

1 Like