N Point Deformation Tool

Hi guys. Just want to make sure - Will the release of Gimp v.2.10 contain the N Point Deformation Tool?

2.10 will have everything that current 2.9 has. So yes, it should also include the N Point Deformation tool.

1 Like

Yay! :slight_smile: :smiley: Where can I get v.2.9?

Ok. I downloaded v.2.9.5… but I dont find the N Point Deformation tool

That is odd, the latest development release is 2.9.4. Where did you download 2.9.5 from?

https://www.partha.com/

Where do I get v.2.9.4? and where is the n-point deformation tool? :slight_smile:

Yes, I’ve got 2.9.5 too, from otto’s gimp-edge PPA

I see. I guess it’s a git snapshot from after 2.9.4 got released.

I see the N Point Deformation in the toolbox in my local builds. The tooltip says that it’s enabled with shift-n.

Do you have the N-point Deformation Tool on yours?

How do you enable it? and where can i find it?

I can’t immediately see it or find it, and shift-n doesn’t do anything.

It may not be in the version that you downloaded. I think it’s likely enabled in a version after the snapshot that @partha built his version from.

You’ll need to wait for him to build a new one, or possibly build one yourself. (It’s not as hard as you’d think).

1 Like

Thank you Pat

1 Like

Hi,
it might just be that it is not enabled by default. I also have GIMP “2.9.5” from the PPA above, and I see that you can enable the tool from “Edit → Preferences → Playground” (no idea what it does though :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

Thanks Dude! Thank you so much guys! Found it! :wink: The icons appear after I restarted Gimp! :smiley:D

The first time I saw the demo of what it does (Google/Youtube: N-point Deformation Tool Gimp), I was like: “Whoa! This is some powerful stuff!”

Thanks from me, also, Alberto, I didn’t even know “Playground” existed.