Natron Jagged edgest (Text and .png)

Hi!

I am new to Natron - so far so good except when converting to .mp4, both the text and the png-images becomes pretty jagged.

Is there a way to reduced the jagged edges in the text (letters: V,S,N,M) and arrows (.png)?

I have tried using the anti-aliasing node with different settings, but it does not seem to solve this issue.

(Se attached project file)

Thanks!

jagged-edges.ntp (721.9 KB)

New to natron as well and also not having the right font. But I think it’s an alpha problem. Make sure to set the alpha on the BG to 1. Check the alpha before write out. If you want a solid bg it should be white.

I think it’s related to this Should the Natron viewer display unpremultiplied RGB? - #15 by Shrinks99

If you want to learn more you should read about premultiplied an unpremultiplied alpha. It’s little confusing, but a very important thing to understand.

1 Like

The antialiasing should be applied after the font. So it is applied to fonts alpha only.

1 Like

This my try. But I get some weird emboss/drop shadow effect. Don’t know where that is from.

EDIT:
it’s because of mp4 conversion. Have to check ffmpeg settings. With png it seems fine.

If you want to write to video directly, you must use the latest beta (2.3.16beta4), which fixes many issues with video writing.
You can play with the “advanced” settings in the writer. quality=0 (best), gop size=1 and bframes=0 will give you a high-quality intra-only video.

1 Like

Thanks, I got this sorted out by setting an antialias node after EACH affected node.