Natron will not load and has an opengl error

I am new to natron and when i try to open it i get this error:

“Error while creating OpenGL context: GLX: Failed to create context
Natron requires at least OpenGL 2.0 with the following extensions so the viewer works appropriately:
GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object,GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object”

so i have tried reinstalling as a snap and flatpak and then through apt

i tried running it in a terminal and got this output:
"Natron Version 2.3.14
Copyright (C) 2013-2018 INRIA and Alexandre Gauthier-Foichat

Use the --help or -h option to print usage.<<<
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris: /usr/lib/dri/iris_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: iris
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris: /usr/lib/dri/iris_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
Error while loading OpenGL: GLX: Failed to create context
OpenGL rendering is disabled.
GLX: Failed to create context
GLX: Failed to create context
Info: init.py script not loaded (this is not an error)
Info: initGui.py script not loaded (this is not an error)
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 2
Extension: 152 (Uknown extension)
Minor opcode: 3 (Unknown request)
Resource id: 0x0
X Error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 2
Extension: 152 (Uknown extension)
Minor opcode: 3 (Unknown request)
Resource id: 0x0
GLX: Failed to create context"

Please help! Thanks!

It’s a problem regarding gpu driver (Mesa → Iris). Use the linux portable install to test.

What it says in terminal?
lsb_release -a
&
lshw -C video

Also does this work?
Go to your natron installation folder.

cd /home/your-natron-folder
MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=i965 ./Natron

Have you tried the official binaries? Releases · NatronGitHub/Natron · GitHub

lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Pop Description: Pop!_OS 21.04 Release: 21.04 Codename: hirsute lshw -C video
WARNING: you should run this program as super-user.
*-display
description: VGA compatible controller
product: TigerLake GT2 [Iris Xe Graphics]
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 2
bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
version: 01
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
resources: iomemory:600-5ff iomemory:400-3ff irq:160 memory:605c000000-605cffffff memory:4000000000-400fffffff ioport:3000(size=64) memory:c0000-dffff memory:4010000000-4016ffffff memory:4020000000-40ffffffff
WARNING: output may be incomplete or inaccurate, you should run this program as super-user.

the natron folder is empty

Use the official installer. https://github.com/NatronGitHub/Natron/releases/download/v2.4.0/Natron-2.4.0-Linux-64.tgz

After installation, the Natron folder should be in your home directory. If giving the same errors then try in terminal:

cd ~/Natron-2.4.0
MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=i965 ./Natron

ok that worked

Thanks man

It means you are affected by a new headache intel VGA users are suffering from in Linux distro recently. Deb forums are trying to solve a workaround.
Mainly your VGA driver is not 10th gen iris supported. Which will crash many programs. Better make it global to use legacy driver which is supported up to 9th gen. Type in terminal:

echo 'export MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=i965' >>~/.profile

Then restart.

Probably just issues with the Natron snap/flatpak.

Seems like VLC and other GL depended apps are also affected: