Need help finding an old academic paper

I need to find a copy of :

C. L. Sanders and G. Wyszecki, “Correlate for brightness in terms of CIE color matching data”, Commission Internationale de l’Eclairage, Proc. 15th Session, Vienna, 1963; Vol. B, p. 221;

(not to be confused with a similar paper from 1967 and written by G. Wyszecki alone). It is cited many times like this, but does not have a DOI and does not seem to be anywhere on the internet. So this is screaming old paper on a dusty shelf.

Could someone ping their university library search engine ? This would help me to finish Engineering | Color saturation control for the 21th century

Thanks a lot !

4 Likes

I’ll see what I can find…

1 Like

I only see the earlier “Correlate for lightness…” papers.

Perhaps searching for the collection may help…

Some libraries in Paris own a copy.

Seems like the paper was published by Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle. Maybe librarians of the museum can help you.

1 Like

It appears in Worldcat under a few slightly different names, maybe someone has access to one of these libraries?

It’s not in my university’s library, and I couldn’t find it at any of my other usual sources…

If you haven’t already, maybe you can ask one of the authors of the following paper, if they can send you a copy of the paper you’re looking for: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/259253643_Brightness_perception_of_unrelated_self-luminous_colors

They cited the paper, so they must have a copy of it.

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

edit: isn’t there a scanning service at some library?

1 Like

Thanks, the dataset in this paper is possibly even better than the one I’m looking for.

1 Like

OK, I got the initial paper I needed, thanks all ! Stay tuned for the darktable UCS 2022 with built-in Helmholtz-Kohlrausch brightness and really perceptual saturation for the color balance RGB.

17 Likes

This looks like a PhD thesis on colour science, where are you going to submit it? :yum:

I have better things to do with my time than trying to plug my work into academia’s nonsense :smiley:

I am looking forward to your contributions to the next release :grimacing:

That is the spirit. I have IRL friends who could play the game but are smarter than that.