Need help with backlit photo

Yes indeed, my mistake I should have said “Camera Reference” option for WB.

Okay.

I do bird photography while on treks, so I prefer a compact bridge camera. Because its sensor is small, I use burst mode. But with RAW, the burst mode slows down the camera significantly. I am still playing with combinations. May be I will eventually be able to move to RAW.

For JPG, I’d suggest reducing in-camera contrast and colour enhancement (saturation boost). If you camera has a JPG setting like ‘natural’, ‘neutral’ or the like, more suitable for post-processing, use that.
For the FZ-82, you could try a Custom style with contrast, sharpening and saturation set to 0, and maybe even play with Highlight Shadow = Lower contrast or some custom setting.

1 Like

Sorry; I asumed you were shooting RAW. Unfortunately, the tools I mentioned aren’t available for JPEG. :frowning:

That’s photography for you: it’s a hobby dominated by compromise. The convenience of JPEG versus the flexibility of RAW: unfortunately, unless you’re lucky to own a very capable — which usually means very expensive — camera, you can’t have the best of both worlds.