Need help with exif export

First off, I have read the metadata info at Rawedia: Preferences - RawPedia and have done some reading here on the forum on similar posts…

If I have the “Copy Exif/IPTC/XMP unchanged to output file” option selected in Prefs, then the basic exif gets exported, but not maker notes. (At this time, I am particularly interested in having the LensType info passed on to my exported file.)

If I deselect the “Copy Exif/IPTC/XMP unchanged to output file” option, and make sure the items I want are selected under the Metadata tab, it still only exports the basic exif. For sure it is not exporting the LensType, even though it is selected. I know this because when I open either the exported jpeg or the exported tif file in RT, the info is not there under Metadata, and the Quick Info at the top then reports the lens type as “unknown”.

thanks

We will need a sample raw file and system/RT version info.
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/How_to_write_useful_bug_reports

Let me guess: Pentax camera?

Win10 x64 Gtk3 branch 4.2.1291…

Bingo! :slight_smile: Should I still provide a DNG? (I have tried K1, K3 and K5… All the same…)

No, I have some samples. There’s already a github issue for it (don’t remember the number atm)

1 Like