Neowise over Holly Cross mountain

Many people are doing Neowise shots, here’s my attempt

This was shot late at night since we had to wait for clouds to pass, there were lots of clouds, light pollution and many other challenges with choosing location and then processing. This shot took couple hours and couple of “rage-quits” to do “right” :slight_smile: I wonder what you can do with attached RAW :slight_smile:

IMG_0026.CR2 (26.6 MB)

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

9 Likes

Nice shot, I tried to reduce light pollution, darkening the sky
DT 3.0.2

IMG_0026_04.CR2.xmp (16.0 KB)

May I ? :slight_smile:

IMG_0026_01.CR2.xmp (22,0 KB)

1 Like

I also made this an exercise in light pollution removal and still keep a (darkish) blue night sky:

Making the greens in the foreground brighter ends up in a too washed out result. But that is my 2c (as always).

Thanks for sharing!

EDIT: Forgot the sidecar: neowise.holly.cross.canon.eos.77d_01.cr2.xmp (19.4 KB) This is, however, for a hybrid 3.1.0 version. It uses Aurélien’s channel mixer rgb, which is WIP and not yet available out-of-the-box.

1 Like

Now just after a while, I made a new attempt, just as I would like to do it, using current master dt 3.3.0-1211-g2fba9d98e

IMG_0026_03.CR2.xmp (95,0 KB)

3 Likes

Such photos with pastel tones are really the limit for jpg. The png files look way more alike, what I see on my dt (yes all exports in SRGB)

I had to try, too!

IMG_0026.CR2.xmp (14.4 KB)

3 Likes