Neutral or dynamic?

Hello, what is the best image processing setting in the new Rawtherapee 5.4 to open RAW files, automatic neutral or dynamic as default processing profile?

Thanks in advance

It depends on your personal preference
The neutral profile tries to show you your real “virgin” raws.
Dynamic profiles are profiles that you create with settings like white balance, exposure etc., you can set them up in RT as your “default” profile. There is no point in choosing “dynamic” if you have not saved any own profiles yet
I think.

In addition to what @betazoid wrote, if you’re updating from an older version, then close RT, find and delete or rename your options file, and run RT. Now you will be using the new defaults.

Also, the dynamicprofile.cfg file with many camera/lens/ISO etc settings can become quite valuable, deserving backups and sharing between computers.

Thanks to all for the friendly help :wink: Am still learning how to use Rawtherapee. I saw that the Noise reduction modes have also changed in 5.4 What are the differences with 5.3? I used alway mode “High”, now in 5.4 you can chose “Conservative” or “Agressive”!!! What is the best mode tu use currently?
Greetings from little Belgium :ok_hand:

Only the names changed because they were misleading:

• Old “Standard” = new “Conservative”,
  • Old “High” = new “Aggressive”

See the tooltip.

Thanks Morgan, where can I find the tooltip?

If you hover over the Mode combobox, you should get this:

grafik

:+1:

Sounds political :slight_smile:.