New install of RPD?

So,

My original Linux implementation (Elementary v6.1) committed Hari Kari a while back. I had a hand in the mayhem, so no fingers to point.

When starting from scratch, I jumped up to the latest v7.0 as Eos doesn’t provide a in process upgrade facility.

At the end of a fairly lengthy configuration and app install process it came time to install RPD and the deprecation of the install script was discovered.

Coming from literally decades of Windows box experience, I’m a veritable infant in the Linux world, so I’ll as the question:

Is it possible to install RPD today?

If so, how might his be done?

Please use small worlds as my Linux expertise level is very, very low.

Thanks in advance

chris

From damon lynch’s site https://damonlynch.net/rapid/download.html:

An install.py script has been available for the past six years to install the latest version of the program. Unfortunately I can no longer maintain this script, given this serious injury.

The script is therefore depreciated and I do not recommend its use on anything but old Linux distributions.

Instead of using the depreciated install.py script, I recommend installing the program using your Linux distribution’s standard repositories.

Since elementary is Ubuntu based (hence, in turn, debian based):

sudo apt install rapid-photo-downloader

in a terminal window should do what you need.

Thank you very much.

The challenge I’m finding with Linux app’s is the plethora of ways to install things.

I’m very much finding that some work as described and some don’t.

I’ve already had to remove a flatpak install as the app wouldn’t play nice with the file system or other apps. Installing via apt install presented no such issues.

Thank you again for your assistance.