New interface in darktable 2.7 (dev)

Do the screenshots below from Lightable and Darkroom show the new expected appearance of the new GUI? I’m bit confused specially regarding Darkroom, which seems to show two different types/sizes of fonts…

I think it goes in wrong direction (at least, not in the direction I hoped it will go), sorry for that. I want to find a solution, not argue.

Anyway, I think, I found solution for the ‘missing icons’ problem. I can simply add:

background-image: url('path to module image');
background-repeat: no-repeat;
padding-left: 20px; //or something

on the #modulename #iop-panel-label.

Now, I cannot get ID of the specific module/iop AFAIK. I’ve hack this a bit using module->name() and it is working, so maybe I’ll write a few line of code in the next week.

2 Likes

Nice one.

I don’t know if it’s beyond the scope of what you’re planning but it’d be ideal if the path part of the url could be taken from the css…

I think some of the module names may be more of a problem in this regard. I mean, ‘contrast brightness saturation’ is a bit long winded isn’t it.

I’ve changed some of these by hacking the binaries but I don’t want to be doing that every time there’s a new version. So how about a way to change these names legitimately. A plugin name setting in darktablerc would be good.

And this works with which version of GTK ?

A post was split to a new topic: Darktable Raster masks explained

Tested only with 3.24.5 and 3.18. It works in both cases (except, It complains about min-width, min-height and :disabled pseudo class on 3.18). background-image with images url and background-repeat landed in GTK in 2011 according to the source code, so ~GTK v3.5.

CSS has always been more capable than one would expect, even the older versions. I am sure that a lot more could be customized. :sunny:

I’m testing DT 2.7 right now.
I’m looking at the CSS but I can’t find the style for the smaller text in the box:
Snipaste_2019-04-17_21-21-55

I thought was the condensed but changing the size doesn’t have any effect.

I have this black borders around the dt window, is there a way to get rid of them? Are they a feature of the new design or a bug? They are even visible if dt is displayed full screen (f11)

Settings Border around image…?

I built the git master version for Windows and testing the GUI

I was getting Pango warnings about font “Roboto Condensed” not found, even if I have the font installed.
Looking in the darktable-elegant.css I found a possible bug (at least under Windows):

In Row 458:

font-stretch: condensed;
font-family: "Roboto Condensed","Segoe UI Condensed", "SF Pro Display", "Ubuntu Condensed", "Cantarell", sans-serif;

The font-stretch statement looks redundant to me. If I comment it, the font is loaded correctly.

Marco

I can’t find anything in the settings??

@matejmarti you can change the color using css. Don’t recall the name. It won’t visible if the color is the same as default bg color.

Try using the shortcut key ‘B’ - look in

settings/shortcuts/global/toggle panels collapsing controls

to see if this has been changed to something else

Well done then ! You can add specific CSS IDs in modules using gtk_widget_set_name(GTK_WIDGET(self->widget), "module-id") in the function void gui_init(dt_iop_module_t *self) of each IOP in src/iop. Then, style the label in CSS with #module-id #iop-panel-label {background-image: url(...);}

We are talking here about how GTK is able to understand CSS stylesheets, and I’m afraid there is little to be confident about. GTK is a nightmare.

The CSS uses the font size 1em which copies the OS-defined font size. So either tune the default desktop font size in your desktop environment, or set

{
  font-size: 0.9em;
}

in your custom CSS.

Key B and they disappear/reappear. It’s not a bug, it has always been like that. The new feature is you can optionaly hide them now.

exactly.

It is not redundant if Roboto, Segeo and SF Pro are not installed.

1 Like

Sure. I am not interested in theming dt but for those who are see:
Gtk – 3.0. Have fun!

Nice work! Looks great. Big improvement.

I see.
However under Windows the font-stretch statement prevents the installed Roboto condensed font from loading:

(darktable.exe:3848): Pango-WARNING **: 07:02:31.963: couldn't load font "Roboto Condensed, Condensed Not-Rotated 9.71875", falling back to "Sans Condensed Not-Rotated 9.71875", expect ugly output.

Perhaps the list of fonts could be changed to avoid to use the font-stretch statement.