New Release: Krita 5.0 Beta 2

The Krita team has done a lot of work since the first Beta version was released: 700+ fixes have been implemented…

Here are this version’s announcement and release notes (downloads for multiple platforms near the bottom of the page).

4 Likes

It’s a lot better performance wise, was playing round with a tif file last night on 4.4 and it’s not really usable on my computer were as it’s fine on this.

Yes, it definitely performs better/smoother. Haven’t been trying Beta 2 long enough, so this is based on the Beta 1 version. But if I look at the release notes then I assume that it will be even better.

I think that the improved tiff support is what you ran into, in a positive way that is…

The rewrite of some of the engines and the new resource system do show their significance.

1 Like

Contrary to what is indicated in the notes, once downloaded and opened the file, a message says that High Sierra 10.12.13 is required.

@charlie84

I am not able to confirm this in any way.

Presuming this is not related to the linked video issue, you might want to check in with the Krita developers and ask them what the actual requirements are for running 5.0, beta or future stable and point out what it says on the Second Beta page.

I don’t think any of the core developers are here on pixls, they are to be found on IRC (Libera Chat → #krita), the Developers section at krita-artists or r/krita on reddit.