new version 1.5.4

Not sufficiently proficient to get something meaningful with gdb.
Going to bisect :open_mouth: :worried:

To all W10 users: do you have a version that is snappy to start?

Mine is slower than yours in initially opening up, but the browser opens up right away. I’m a using W10 and the 1.5.4_W64_Skylake version. I don’t notice any real difference from previous versions.

Just checked latest dev version on my Windows 10:
ART_master_1.5.4-8-g3c9581079_W64_Skylake_201009

I don’t see any regressions, program starts instantly and file browser / file sysem trees show all the content instantly as well. Identically as in 1.5.4 release.

Unrelated to startup slowdown, I noticed that dev version on Win10 has different font rendering, and it’s a bit less accurate:
(font is the same, Segoe UI normal 8)
Theme is also looks a bit different. Horizontal spacing is bigger, and notice blue border around check box, as well as slightly different check mark itself.

And also, in dev version shift+wheel on sliders works correctly. But I don’t see any commits which would lead to such changes. Maybe because of different build process between dev/release binaries?

That’s most certainly the case. Just check the GTK+ versions in the two builds, I expect them to be different

Correct, libgtk 3.24.23 (which is latest stable) in dev and 3.22.24 (which is 3 years old) in 1.5.4 release. Most of the other libraries have different versions as well.

yes… I don’t update libraries very often, particularly if I don’t hit bugs and/or limitations. I’m still on gtk 3.18 on my home machine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the new version, especially the wheel for correction color.
But a problem with shapes (for masks) continues to be here.

• For example I need a mask, I create a shape.
  • I transform some lines in curves (shift+ctrl+drag the line)
  • I save the profile. Close the picture/program for a reason, then reload it.
  • Reopen the picture/photo.
  • Often, some curves disappear and are changed each time by 2 lines, the lines created to make the curve.

I was unable to find the reason. Is it because the curve is concave after a straight line for example? Anyway, the workaround seems to keep these 2 lines, the 1st becomes very short, then the other is changed in a curve again. I saw in the file of the profile that the shape is transformed in a chain of characters. Maybe there’s a problem during formatting the chain?

It would be great if something can be done to remove this bug, because the area mask with curves is just terrific, I use it all the time.

Regards,
Teto.

Hi,

the first step would be to provide a way to reproduce this. Otherwise we are sort of chasing ghosts… Do you have an example .arp at least that shows the corruption? If so, can you post it here? Can you also show a screenshot of the point you expected to be curved but is not?

Thanks!

@agriggio

After some hesitations to bisect, I observed that also the explorer was slow.
As I had a NAS disk connected, I disconnected it and miracle ART was again very fast starting without the messages.
After reconnecting the NAS disk all remains ok.
So beware of network disk :japanese_goblin:

I apologize for the noise and for the revert you did.

Working off a NAS seems okay, but why not work off the internal HD hopefully an SSD and backup to the NAS. My W10 system is fast everywhere using ART 1.5.4.

I use the NAS just for backup. My photos are on an internal HD.
When I disconnected the NAS, ART became snappy again as the explorer.
Reconnecting it did not made the problem reappear.

1 Like

What version of LibRaw you use? 0.20?

If so, would/should it open *.X3F (Sigma Foveon) RAW files? Because it can’t. Just wondering becuaed 0.20 has X3F support.

Art is not using libraw yet. The cr3 decoded was taken from libraw, but that’s a different thing…
Hopefully, we will move to libraw in the near future. I just have to find the time to do that…

4 Likes

All working good in Ubuntu 20.04 with app image. Thanks!!!

@agriggio
W10/MSYS2, last ART commit : 1.5.4-12-gb0481d832

I get a compile error:

In file included from D:/ART/ARTSOURCE/ART/rtgui/perspective.h:24,
                 from D:/ART/ARTSOURCE/ART/rtgui/toolpanelcoord.h:50,
                 from D:/ART/ARTSOURCE/ART/rtgui/editorpanel.h:26,
                 from D:/ART/ARTSOURCE/ART/rtgui/rtwindow.h:24,
                 from D:/ART/ARTSOURCE/ART/rtgui/batchqueuepanel.cc:23:
D:/ART/ARTSOURCE/ART/rtgui/controllines.h:49:30: error: type/value mismatch at argument 1 in template parameter list for 'template<class _Tp, class _Dp> class std::unique_ptr'
   49 |     std::unique_ptr<Rectangle> canvas_area;
      |                              ^
D:/ART/ARTSOURCE/ART/rtgui/controllines.h:49:30: note:   expected a type, got 'Rectangle'
D:/ART/ARTSOURCE/ART/rtgui/controllines.h:49:30: error: template argument 2 is invalid

Thanks to have a look.

I think this is exiv2 0.27.3 again… anyway, should be fixed now, thanks for reporting!

Thanks, builds ok

There were some attempts to provide a correction to the winsock2 issue in exiv2, but I cannot compile the last version. So I wrote a bug report.

You’re right. Next time, I’ll do this. I have it all the time so it won’t be difficult to have a new example.

I compiled version 1.5.4 stable and my user commands are not active in the context menu. However, I copied the folder correctly. Where do we put the usercommands folder in the stable version?
@agriggio

for the development version I put them there

my two versions art (master dev) and ARTstable (release) were compiled from the same / programs folder