new version 1.5.4

did you try other builds? E.g. this one:

https://keybase.pub/gaaned92/ART-W64NightlyBuilds/ART_1.5.4_W64_generic.7z

:smiley:

I unzipped this version in a place other than program files, i hope that’s not the reason for my problems …
well done
many thank’s to the crew

1 Like

That’s good progress! But why are the translation strings not working? That’s weird…
The labels you see in your screenshot, like “GENERAL_ABOUT”, “ABOUT_TAB_SPLASH” etc. should not be there; you should see the actual translations instead. Can you try looking at the preferences and select a language manually? Like this:

The software is in French, the system language set by default.

Sorry, I’m in transit now and couldn’t answer on time.
Glad to see that you could evolve, though.
Happy editing!

Thank you very much for your support :slight_smile:

1 Like

@F85
I suppose that some subfolders are missing.
Inside the zip, there is a folder that has the same name as the zip.
for instance inside ART_1.5.4_W64_generic.7z, you have the folder ART_1.5.4_W64_generic. This folder contains all the required resources (files, subdirectory).
So you have to extract this folder where you want and you should not have labels like “GENERAL_ABOUT” but the french text “A propos”. after you can rename this folder if you want

Hi Gaaned,

sorry no folder ART_1.5.4_W64_generic.7z in the pack.
Yesterday i didn’t make any changes except not creating the \1.5.4 generic below \art directory when i uploaded the set to c:\program file\art.
I also noticed the presence of the pgm gdb.exe which only existed in rawtherapee but not in art1.5.4
Have a good day
Francois

Je vais essayer d’être plus clair en français. :grinning:
La procédure sure pour utiliser l’archive 7z est la suivante:

• télecharger ART_1.5.4_W64_generic.7z sur le site indiqué.
  • une fois l’archive téléchargée, l’ouvrir avec 7z à télécharger sur https://www.7-zip.org/. C’est ce que je recommande sur W10.
  • une fois ouverte vous trouvez le dossier nommé ART_1.5.4_W64_generic.
  • extraire ce dossier ou vous voulez. Je ne recommande pas de changer le nom du dossier mais vous pouvez le faire sans risque
  • créer un raccourci de ART.exe sur le bureau.

Pour illustrer l’extraction:

Alors moi aussi en français :wink:
A la seule différence que j’ai ouvert avec winzip, c’est exactement ce que j’ai fait.
Répertoire tempo sur le bureau, le test de bon fonctionnement et déplacement de l’arborescence sur program files\art.
et ça fonctionne parfaitement, je suis en train de reproduire un tuto de Carafife.

C’est à ça que j’ai répondu :
I suppose that some subfolders are missing.
Inside the zip, there is a folder that has the same name as the zip.
for instance inside , you have the folder ART_1.5.4_W64_generic. This folder contains all the required resources (files, subdirectory).

le sous-réperoire ART_1.5.4_W64_generic.7z dans le pack.

• je pense néanmoins que 7zip est plus facile d’utilisation et qu’il est plus sur de déplacer le dossier en entier pour ne rien oublier.

• avez vous toujours les labels ou les textes en Français?
    Do you still have labels on GUI or do you have french text?

• avez-vous réussi à utiliser l’installeur officiel? C’est tres étonnant que cela ne fonctionne pas.
    Did you succeed to use the official installer?

Je suis content que ART fonctionne bien sur votre PC. Vous verrez c’est un super logiciel pour traiter les raw.

Enjoy

Le logiciel était sur la langue système, donc en Français.

J’ai essayé les versions 1.5.2 1.5.3 1.5.4, le répertoire 1.5.4 d’un copain qu’il m’a envoyé, et une ou deux autres versions de liens d’Alberto, seule la 7z a fonctionné.

Pour 7zip je te crois, je ne le connais que de nom, mais j’avais sous la main winzip qui me l’a décompressé en recréant les sous-répertoires ; je viens d’essayer 7zip et lui me les affiche comme le fait winzip avec les fichiers zip, et permet donc je pense un déplacement de l’arborescence au lieu de décompresser dans un répertoire.

Pour l’instant je suis en mode découverte sur les tutos de Carafife, j’utilise darktable mais j’ai cru voir que sur le N&B Art était très performant.

Merci de l’aide.

@agriggio
W10
I noticed since some commits that ART is not as snappy as it was to start. The display of initial window is very fast, but after, the display of directory tree is vary slow.
So I tried with debug and I get those warnings

warning: NPGetCaps 2

warning:   WNNC_NET_TYPE

warning: NPGetCaps 4

warning:   WNNC_USER

warning: NPGetCaps 6

warning:   WNC_CONNECTION

warning: NPGetCaps 13

warning:   default

warning: NPGetCaps 11

warning:   WNNC_ENUMERATION

warning: NPGetCaps 9

warning:   WNNC_ADMIN

warning: NPGetCaps 8

warning:   WNNC_DIALOG

warning: NPOpenEnum: dwScope 0x00000001, dwType 0x00000001, dwUsage 0x00000000, lpNetResource 0000000000000000

warning: NPOpenEnum: pCtx 0000000012DA6FB0

warning: NPEnumResource: hEnum 0000000012DA6FB0, lpcCount 000000000D63D160, lpBuffer 0000000012DB0B70, lpBufferSize 000000000D63D1D0.

warning: NPEnumResource: *lpcCount 0xfffffffe, *lpBufferSize 0x3f6c, pCtx->index 0

warning: NPEnumResource CurrentSesstionID:4

warning: NPEnumResource nbRead:0

warning: NPEnumResource: Entries returned 0, dwStatus 0x00000103

[New Thread 6004.0x3130]
warning: NPCloseEnum: hEnum 0000000012DA6FB0

warning: NPCloseEnum: returns

I don’t know what it is and if it is related to the problem.

Thanks to have a look at it.

I was trying to fix a warning in an effort to debug what @F85 was reporting, but maybe I messed up something. I’ll revert the changes.

1 Like

I also noticed that the generation of the thumbnails when opening a new folder is quite slow now.

@agriggio is there a way to help gathering more info here to find if this can be improved?

can you try again now?

Hi Alberto,

recently, we are two to have the same symptoms with Art :wink:

W10/ART_master_1.5.4-8-g3c9581079

It seems to me about the same.
To illustrate

Photos is an empty folder. Starting time cannot be considered bad compared to other apps even commercial. But, sometimes ago, it was much faster to present the directory tree.
In debug mode I get the same warnings as above.

I will look at the gdb manual to see how to stop and get a stack backtrace.

At last, I can try to bisect , but it can be rather lengthy.

Hi,

then I don’t know what is going on… are you able to run git bisect and see when the regression was introduced?