New Windows builds

@gaaned92 good to know for the shipable gdb. @Morgan_Hardwood, is it possible to ask everyone who is going to produce debug builds, to include the small gdb.exe in the bundle, and make reference to this in Rawpedia? This would probably help users providing good back traces without the hassle of installing MinGW.

Absolutely, and a good idea. Debug builds should include gdb.exe if possible. As I donā€™t use Windows and canā€™t verify the procedure, please ask adamreichold on GitHub to add it to RawPediaā€™s Windows article.

@Morgan_Hardwood should I open an issue at Github to ask adamreichold, or is there another way to send him a message through Github?

An issue is the best way.

@ilias_giarimis :
1- do you still get the error ā€œsetting schemaā€¦ date-formatā€
2- I hope the bug regarding thumbnail construction is solved (that was an error in build parameters)
3 - The new gtk3 builds 4.2.672 are uploaded at the same place

Please could you test the GTK3 builds ?

@gaaned92

RT_672 crashes at startup

Console messages ā€¦ https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0NqktTgc54sTlRUUmhpMHNTTGs/view?usp=sharing

@ilias_giarimis :
still a bug in innosetup. The ā€œshareā€ subdir got the name ā€œlibā€. So if you rename the ā€œlibā€ subdirectory ā€œshareā€, the access to Gsettings should be ok.
Sorry to take your time.

@gaaned92
Everything is fine after renaming ā€œlibā€ to share, thanks.
RT starts normally and there is no problem with files without thumbs in cache.

When everything is in tact (innosetup script) I will give a try to compile RT_32bit myself :slight_smile:

@ilias_giarimis
good news. I fixed the innosetup file. The present problem with it is that we need a version for GTK2 an another for GTK3 branch as the share subdir is only needed for GTK3 and furthermore gdb.exe should be packed in bundle only for debug versions. nevertheless, to simplify, I modified the windowsinnosetup.iss.in in the repository to include all subdir (lib and share) and gdb.exe. I manually suppresses lines in the generated windowsinnosetup.iss when generating the installer. Hope I am clear.

I am uploading the GTK3 corrected installers at the same place.

Fine, thanks.

Since the GTK3_win32 builds are not compatible with WinXP32 ā€¦ isnā€™t it better to

• change the name accordingly ? i.e RawTherapee_WinVista_32_gtk3xxxx.exe
  • stop using -mstackrealign (On GTK2 builds, I measured around 2% speedup without it)

@ilias_giarimis

• I will put WIN instead of WXP
  • for GTK3 I will suppress -mstackrelign

Hey, Iā€™m not following the Windows compilation issues closely (i.e. disclaimer, I might be suggesting nonsense), but if you need to use two different InnoSetup scripts, one for 32-bit XP and one for 64-bit Vista and above, we can add both to the repository if that makes it easier for you.

@Morgan_Hardwood @sguyader the difference in the innoSetup scripts comes from the different subdir to install between gtk2 builds and gtk3 builds and if we want to include gdb.exe in the installer. For the moment, in order to simplify, the ā€œinnosetup.iss.inā€ that I modified can include some pointless subdir and files.
I think there are no differences between 32 bits and 64 bits scripts. Sebastien also has to modify manually the script depending of the branch.
It could be a good thing to automate completely the process in order to avoid error and minimize the size of application.

development build if you want to test
RawTherapee_WIN_32_gtk3-gui-touchup-and-bugfix release_4.2.675.exe available at My drive

@gaaned92, the last build works almost fine except that it crashes when click on tick boxes (enable/disable the dcb enhancement, enable/disable autoCA, sharp mask in shadows/highlights etc)

@ilias_giarimis is it the same with the basic gtk3 build?
I am making a debug build.
update : uploaded in same place

No problem with ā€¦
Branch: gtk3
Version: 4.2.672
Changeset: aa212e58422d4a66e05bcfd20545e317f9a35912

I will try the debug build

W32 ā€œmasterā€ (GTK2) branch 4.2.615 builds (release and debug) uploaded at same place

@ilias_giarimis are you ready to set up the toolchain? In the mean time, donā€™t hesitate to ask for specific builds.

New Gtk2 builds for 64-bit Windows are up there.

Branch: master
Type: Release and Debug (gdb.exe within the bundle)
Changeset: 55fc921814406d463711abe0910849c86727d0bb