New Windows builds

I just finished uploading the latest builds of Rawtherapee for Windows to my Google drive. There, you will find various Win32, Win64, and gtk3 builds (Release, as well as Debug).

2 Likes

thanks as always! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, version 4.2.582 Gtk2 x64 runs fine under windows 10. :+1:

cu TooWaBoo:

1 Like

Master branch 4.2.601 32 bits build uploaded on my googledrive

@gaaned92, do you think you could maintain Win 32 packages in the future? If so, I could focus on Win 64 Gtk2 and Gtk3 packages.

I will be able to provide W32 packages for a few monthes until I upgrade my PC.
I Imagine that in a near future, the GTK2 branch will be frozen and all dev efforts devoted to GTK3 branch. Then ther will be no longer need to provide gtk2 builds.

For the GTK2 branch (present master branch) : I can provide regularly release builds and provide builds including PR and debug builds on demand.

For the GTK3 builds : I can provide w32 builds but this is a blind process as they cannot be run on WXP ( lack of DWM and then of DWMAPI.dll on this system). Has somebody a solution to overcome this limitation?

As he is on vista 32, perhaps ILIASG could provide GTK3 tested builds.
If you can upload a zip with all dll and directories for 32 bit required for GTK3 builds, I can upload a 32 bit build so that it can be tested by somebody else.

If that can help, I am ok

1 Like

Thanks @gaaned92, you can download my tentative 32-bits Gtk3 dependencies bundle. It should contain everything needed to be packed with RT Gtk3 builds. But be aware that this is using Gtk 3.18.0, you need to compile RT with the same version (or use the bundle to figure out the list of required dll’s that you can copy from your /mingw32/bin directory.

Ideally it would be good to upload a new release + debug build once a month (64-bit for any windows and 32-bit for XP) to our Downloads page, or even once every two weeks but not more often than that. You can of course provide updates as often as you wish here in the forum.

1 Like

@sguyader I will download your dependencies bundle. Using the same GTK3 version it will be ok.
@Morgan_Hardwood : no problem to provide at least one release build per month? For debug build, is it not better to provide a build when a problem appears?

I think it would be better to provide a Debug build everytime, so that as soon as someone reports a problem, we can ask them to run download and run the Debug build, and get as fast as possible a response.
I don’t know how you make your builds, I use simple bash scripts to automatically configure and make the binaries, so it’s not too much of hassle to make a Debug build as well.

One per month no problem @gaaned92 . Please always provide a debug build, otherwise we waste time asking for one, and while waiting for one to be provided the person who encountered the bug loses interest.

@sguyader, @Morgan_Hardwood : ok for frequency

I have a few questions:

1. regarding debug builds : how we intend to provide gdb to end users as certainly, they dont’have msys2 installed ? The Msys2 gdb.exe seems to require a lot of Python stuff and environment variables? Not very handy in this context.
  2. I run gtk2 builds without the Gspawn…exe files. Are they required for gtk3 builds?
  3. for gtk2 builds and gtk3 builds, is \lib\gtk-2.0\2.10.0\engines\libclearlooks.dll required? I thought it was but gtk2 rawtherapee does’nt complain if it is missing!
  4. sebastien, how do you modify windowsinnosetup.iss.in to be adapted to gtk2 or gtk3?I am going to manually modify windowsinnosetup.iss after build.
    As I cannot test on wxp, I need somebody on W32 vista or above to test.
    Perhaps IliasG but I cannot PM him.

Tentative W32 gtk3 build 4.2.670 uploadedon my google drive
Please test and report only if you have W32 vista or above.

@gaaned92, I know that the clearlooks engine changes the look of some of the window decorations (buttons, borders…) on Windows 7, but it is not absolutely required. I don’t know if it changes the look in Windows XP.
The two gspawn exe’s are used only for sending the image to an external editor, it’s not required by RT per se.
For innosetup, like you I just modify the .iss file, not the .iss.in.

Hi Andre,and Seb, I will test it tonight.

If it’s OK I will need to have another round “take me by the hand” to learn how to build RT32 myself. I realize that I have to start with rawwiki, but if any additional directions are needed please write them here.

@sguyader : ok for informations but do you have an idea to provide gdb to end users?

@ilias_giarimis : thanks for testing master and gtk3 builds.
To set up the toolchain, simply follow step by step the rawpedia notice. Once the 1st build made, the more difficult part for me was to use basic git commands.

@gaaned92 I don’t know for a standalone gdb executable, but searching quickly on Google I found this gdb for windows with links for 32 and 64 bits versions. I haven’t tried, though. It just provides gdb.exe executable, I don’t know if there are any dependencies for running it.

Both release and debug builds crash at the start.
EDIT … both RawTherapee_WinXP_32_gtk3release_4.2.670.exe, and RawTherapee_WinXP_32_gtk3debug_4.2.670 are in fact release builds

Branch: gtk3
Version: 4.2.670
Changeset: 1a9121714a3a8e04d09ca0cf0f237345a732d962
Compiler: gcc 5.3.0
Processor: undefined
System: Windows
Bit depth: 32 bits
Gtkmm: V3.18.0
Build type: release
Build flags: -m32 -mthreads -mstackrealign -std=gnu++11 -march=native -Werror=unused-label -fopenmp -Werror=unknown-pragmas -mwindows -DNDEBUG -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -O3
Link flags: -m32 -mthreads -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -Wl,–large-address-aware,–verbose -march=native -mwindows -s -O3
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: ON

I have no time now nor experience with gdb so I leave the gdb report for later (I will need some help because last week I tried and failed )

@ilias_giarimis @sguyader
for debug build I had a bug ( faulty copy paste of windowsinno setup).
Regarding the Glib-Gio-Error : I just downloaded in Msys2 “mingw-w64-i686-gsettings-desktop-schemas”. Inside I find a gschemas.compiled that is much bigger than that provided in tentative bundle (36K vs 3K).
I am going to regenerate the install exe with it and upload in same google drive place. Done.

@sguyader : the gdb release 7.9 provided in your link can be shipped as is with rawtherapee. No dependency as ckecked with dependency walker. tested here on 32 bits.