Next Live Meeting: Sun Feb 13 18:00 UTC

The trial expired today, so from now on, we can use all features: meetings with up to 150 people, with optional recording. I’ve quickly tested the recording feature, and it seems to work.

3 Likes

In preparation, some help links:

And, in general:

1 Like

Can volume of microphone be adjusted in live stream? I had to edit via old audacity to make it acceptable in volume.

@kofa Could you please provide the link for me to put in the OP? Thanks!

@paperdigits The thread is no longer on top before I log in. Does the pinning expire after a while?

Here’s a new meeting link (in Google Meet, those links actually live ‘forever’):

To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/uif-tnuh-nte
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +41 43 430 96 89 and enter this PIN: 161 126 527#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/uif-tnuh-nte?hs=5

Note: the session will be recorded. Individual users may change their screen layout etc. without affecting what is recorded. We have no actual control over what is recorded (only what is shown in our individual browsers):

Recordings include the active speaker and anything that’s presented.

However, you can still pick another mode to view the participants while the meeting is on.

Important: When meetings are recorded the chat conversation log is also saved (for the duration of the video).

See What’s recorded in a video meeting at Record a video meeting - Google Meet Help for details.

Start time in different time zones(picked at random):

To convert to your time zone: Time Zone Converter – Time Difference Calculator

3 Likes

We are already in, in case you want to join early.
Recording is running.

Wasn’t able to understand much (HOH). Had to postpone my G’MIC presentation. And from what I saw, I don’t think my mic test pass since it’s probably way too soft.

I would like to thank all the participants. Let me know what you thought about the meeting and how you would like to format to improve. (Personal feedback is welcome too. I want to improve as well. :wink:)

I decided maybe weekend isn’t the best for me. Is anyone up for weekday before 21:00 UTC?

Weekdays would be inconvenient for most people because they are typically working days. However, I could change the format from a live meeting into an interview or short presentation. Would you be up for that? Let me know when it would be a good time for you and I will let you know if that aligns with my schedule.

As for the next live meeting, I am considering doing a Saturday with a different start time to allow people from other parts of the world to participate.

1 Like

I’ll have to see if I can manage to get a presentation ready for the next time in that case. I’ll let you know if I do.

Thank you for organizing the meetup @afre!
I hope my presentation was interesting even tough it was quite technical.

2 Likes

@kofa is it possible to share the link to the recorded video?

Yes, of course, that’s why it was recorded. :slight_smile:
I haven’t had time today, but will try to get it online tonight; or tomorrow morning, at the latest.

4 Likes

Sure, no stress, take your time, thanks!

special thanks to @kofa for the technical organization !!!

2 Likes

The recording is now online. I’ve removed a few minutes from the beginning (until Marc joined), and a few bits in the middle when everyone was just waiting for someone else to speak :slight_smile:. I’ve run the audio through a compressor in Audacity, hoping to get more even volume. Finally, I’ve added some jump links to different sections of the video.
Thank you for joining!

5 Likes

Please let me know if you want to do another within a month; if not (or not via Google Meet), I’ll cancel the subscription. In the long run, we’d have to figure something out, as I think currently only I can start the call and let people join. Sharing the password to the Google account is not something with which I’d be comfortable.

So, I cancelled the subscription, and the good news is that Google only billed me the fractional month. This means that we can subscribe just for the day when we have a meeting, then cancel, and pay 1-2 dollars/euros/CHF.

2 Likes