No lua since installing 3.8 in windows

Since I installed the 3.8 windows version of DT, I have lost lua.

It was working and with lua scripts installed.

I could see the install scripts option in the lighttable, but when I selected it and execute, nothing hapened, no script.

I have followed instructions for windows inf github
GitHub - darktable-org/lua-scripts

I created the scripts under the configdir of DT and created the luarc as they say there (and the lua dir with scripts).

But the problem remained.

Then I selected the option of not showin lua install againg.

And tried to disable it again in preferences (the option to see if the lua system was reseted.

I opened DT again and there is no option to install scripts again, no lua reference in DT.

I closed and opened DT several times, but no lua at all, and I have checked that the option to not show install scripts is disabled.

I even reinstalled DT again, just in case.

What may be going on?

Run darktable.exe -d lua and put the output here.

I had done as demanded.

At first instance I get an error of having invalid characters in luarc.
It was the " symbol that was added (I followd the tutorial in github, and created luarc using echo "require 'tools/script_manager'" > %LOCALAPPDATA%\darktable\luarc may be that is wrong).

After deleting the " I run it again.

I have to say that my config dir is not in the standard place in windows, so I have run it using:

darktable -d lua --configdir <path to my config and libraty dir>

This is what I get in the log:

C:\Program Files\darktable\bin>type \kk.log
9.684815 LUA ERROR: script_manager.lua: get_current_repo_branch: 227: no current branch detected in repo_data
9.980246 LUA ERROR : Invalid index for combo box : 1

I have used git as adviced in the github page in order to download the script to a lua subdirectory in my configdir.
But it seems that there is some kind of error with the scripts.

I have to say too that when running the above command I have in the console errors complaining about fonts:

This is what I get:

C:\Program Files\darktable\bin>"C:\Program Files\darktable\bin\darktable.exe" -d lua --configdir "D:\Users\fernando\Documents\Documentos en la nube\darktable"  >\kk.log
[dt_pthread_create] info: bumping pthread's stacksize from 0 to 2097152

(darktable.exe:1728): Pango-CRITICAL **: 13:53:49.452: pango_font_describe: assertion 'font != NULL' failed

(darktable.exe:1728): Pango-CRITICAL **: 13:53:49.452: pango_font_description_get_variant: assertion 'desc != NULL' failed

(darktable.exe:1728): Pango-CRITICAL **: 13:53:49.452: pango_font_describe: assertion 'font != NULL' failed

(darktable.exe:1728): Pango-CRITICAL **: 13:53:49.452: pango_font_description_get_variant: assertion 'desc != NULL' failed

I had reinstalled DT just in case there were some corruption using the executable from the DT site for windows 64 bits (I am using windows 11).

The scripts installer only runs if there is not a lua directory. If there is a lua directory, then scripts installer doesn’t run.

Do you have git installed on your system and is it in the path? git is required to install the scripts.

I would suggest that you remove (or rename) the lua directory and luarc files, then run darktable.exe -d lua again. When the scripts installer asks to install the scripts, tell it to. If it doesn’t work, then send the output of the darktable.exe -d lua and we’ll figure out what it going on.

Thanks I will try.

I have installed lua scripts from the command line following instructions in the github link I havee provided.

So yes, I suppose it is correctly installed as I could use it from a cmd window (I use git for other things too).

I tried that because I could not install the lua scripts from the DT interface previously.
But I will try to delete everything and see what happens) again.

EDIT:

I have deleted luarc and luarc and run the command.

This is what I get in the log:

C:\Program Files\darktable\bin>type \kk.log
16.536890 LUA ERROR : cannot open D:\Users\fernando\Documents\Documentos en la nube\darktable\luarc: No such file or directory

It seems that it expects luarc to be in the configdir and when it does not find it it does not show the installscript interface.

I had proviously installed the script in 3.6 from the DT interface.

That is an expected error if the lua-scripts are not installed. Could you please post the log file?

I have already done.
That error is all I ger after deketing luarc and lua directory in the config dir.

No lua tab nor script installer in the interface, so no way to install script via script installer.

Before installing 3.8 what was the path to your configdir?

The same I have now.
I have moved it out of localpath in order to put it in a directory where I make backups, and have it at hand.

But I did it long ago, I thing in 3.4 version.

I have not made any changes or added new scripts to lua, just the ones that installs install script.

So no problem to delete or recreate it.
But what is strange is that after having deleted the dir and luarc the install script option does not appear at the interface.

Is there an old configuration directory that exists in %LOCALAPPDATA%?

Also, when you run darktable in a terminal, is it a windows terminal or a bash shell?

Sorry, I had not read the answer.

No, I have deleted the darktable directory in localappdatapath

I run DT from the windows cmd terminal.