November Image vkdt

It’s November and the colours are gone…
I developed this image in RawTherapee and vkdt, and it was vkdt which gave me the more pleasing result.

Is anyone out there with a little vkdt expertise who shows his version?
oak.CR3 (29.6 MB)

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

3 Likes

oak.CR3.xmp (10.9 KB)

Sorry, DT 4.2.2

3 Likes

oak.jpg.out.pp3 (11.6 KB)

oak.jpg.out.pp3 (11.6 KB)

1 Like

@lightlover I like this look because the contrast highlights the shape of the tree and gives the viewer a clear subject to focus on.

1 Like

maybe like the “sleepy hollow” version of it?

oak.CR3.cfg (3.7 KB)

15 Likes

Nice crop!

Great!
And we’ll have to have to watch out the headless horseman!

When I try to use your cfg I get the message:
graph does not contain a display:main node
F.y.i: vkdt version vkdt 0.7.99-45-geb30d5b0, appimage

My version (using darktable, though), aiming for a more sinister look. Might make a good metal album cover.

oak.CR3.xmp (11.4 KB)

2 Likes

Sorry,not vkdt but I wanted to play raw with your image. I like the subject, I wanted to give a soft tone and washed out colors.

Edited with darktable 4.5.0~git1366.4d225870-1+10990.1

oak.CR3.xmp (12.6 KB)

1 Like

I’d prefer Doom Metal…

1 Like

for fun !!!

4 Likes

hmm is the .cfg in the same directory as oak.CR3 ? the error message could appear if that is not the case. of course it just works if i try locally…

My version…

oak.CR3.xmp (34.6 KB)

7 Likes

Amazing what you all make of this image :slight_smile:

A little late, first chance at using vkdt:

With this little light to work with there’s really no such thing as color, so the manipulation is all tone, mainly to increas contrast and make the tree stand out.

There are some spots in the sky, so I did a rendition in rawproc, my hack raw processor, which now has a spot tool*:

In rawproc I just used the control-point curve to shape the contrast, after dialing down the exposure a couple of stops. Edit: in the browser, the rawproc sky has some magenta going on, need to figure that out…

Both images have a bit of crop, remove the distracting thing along the bottom of the frame.

*We started our vacation, first pictures at Mt Rushmore, and there they were, horrid spots in the sky. Spent most of my free time on that trip writing the tool, but I cleaned the sensor when I got home. No matter, now I have a spot tool…

2 Likes

Although I studied informatics (in another millennium) and working in the IT-industry since changeable hard drives with 20 MB had a diameter of 14" I ain’t got a clue of image processing.
So hats off!

oak.CR3.xmp (11.0 KB)

1 Like

of course now i was trying to see if that statement was really true… but even pushing colour really badly i think probably you’re right. i mainly boosted c/a here:

oak.CR3.cfg (3.8 KB)

2 Likes

I probably overstated that. Wander about your house at night, consider the absence of color, and where faint hints of it bloom…

But, for this capture, to produce a sense of color requires departing the reality fix, barrel headlong into the world of abstraction.

oak.CR3.xmp (14.1 KB)
Thought I would make this more interesting:-)

3 Likes