[NSFP] = Not suitable for Pat!

A few days ago, a Dutch forum pal and I had a discussion about whether we have changed, tog-wise, during the years.

I thought a lot about that question, and came to the conclusion that hm… probably not. BUT during the past few years, I have improved a lot development-wise, to my great joy!

Thank you, devs, for making it possible!

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

11 Likes

What fantastic colors!

Poor Pat, lol
Great shot+edit!

Nice. Used a flash?

mycket bra !

90mm Tamron, extension tube, f/11.0 and 1/200 sec, ISO100 at five o’clock in the afternoon sounds very much like a flash, yes.

PS: And if @patdavid didn’t appreciate this one, just wait until he sees my next installment, entitled A Graveyard Smash

Tagging @patdavid means he will have to take a look. :smiling_imp:

Me [innocently]: Oh!?

Looks like a Araniella cucurbitina or a Araniella opisthographa

Nice shot!

Thank you. You really know these things! I am quite happy getting her (or him?) relatively sharp.

Actually, I believe that somewhere I have a shot of all of his/her offsprings as well.

That’s only because i’ve come across one myself and started looking for it’s name. The are more things that i don’t know the name of, then things i know :slight_smile:

Reading the first link that popped up in my web search (NSFP, Spider Facts - Spiderlings).

Spiders will lay between 2 and 1000 eggs, depending on the species. Almost all female spiders protect their eggs by making a silk ‘bed’ and then covering them with a silk ’blanket’. She then wraps them in more silk to make the egg sac. She hangs the sac someplace safe and guards it until the babies hatch. When the babies hatch they often stay inside the sac to finish developing. Some mother’s stay until the spiderlings leave the sac, others will either leave or die before seeing their babies.

The Wolf spider is a super-mom! She will attach the egg sac to spinnerets and carry the sac with her until the eggs hatch. Once the babies are born they climb onto her back and stay there until they are fully developed, living off their egg yolks (from their egg). This could take weeks. They go everywhere with her, including hunting. If one falls off, mom will stop what she is doing until it is back on top!

Comb-footed spiders will feed their spiderlings liquid from their mouths.

Many spiders will go off on their own after their eggs hatch, leaving the babies to fend for themselves.

@Clase and @afre … you have a very nasty sense of humour … my congratulations!!! :tongue: