Odd behavior navigating lighttable and darkroom

Hello,

I’m experiencing some weird behavior. Wondering if anyone else has seen this, or what I can provide to help troubleshoot. Here is a description:

1. Open dt
  2. I have collected on a folder (there are 10,000 images in this folder)
  3. I am in the lightable view
  4. double-clicking an image does NOT take me to darkroom
  5. clicking darkroom in top right does take me to darkroom for the currently highlighted image
  6. Once in darkroom double-clicking images in the filmstrip does NOT update the currently displayed image
  7. highlighting an image in filmstrip by single-clicking it, then pressing space bar to advance one image does update the view to be the image after the one I had selected (not the image after the one currently displayed)

dt 3.0.0
windows 10

I upgraded to 3.0.0 a while back, but have not done much editing since, so unfortunately I cannot say if this behavior start at the same time I updated or not. It was definitely not behaving like this before I updated.

UPDATE:
I collected on a smaller folder (175 images) and the behavior is partially fixed. I can now enter darkroom via double-click from lightroom, but still cannot properly navigate images in darkroom via double-click on filmstrip. Filmstrip behavior same as described above.

Linux 4.15.0-88
Ubuntu 18.04
dt 3.1.0+786

Tried with folders of different sizes (about 10 to 500 images) but cannot confirm your issues 4 and 6. On item 7 : I think this is intended behaviour. See manual 3.3.11.7. In my understanding the next photo refers to the selected item in filmstrip not the image actually processed.

The picture currently processed is selected and highlighted; with a single click you can select any other picture from the filmstrip without changing the picture currently processed.

and

… You can also use Spacebar to process the next photo and use Backspace key to process the previous photo.

Are there other applications or tools running probably catching / filtering mouse events ? Did you check your mouse settings (time delay between clicks to be recognised as double click) ?

Thanks for looking at this! I see what you mean about the manual. Perhaps those aspects of the behavior have always been like that and I never noticed.

However, I still have the issue with double-click. I guess it essentially boils down to simply:
Double clicking on an image (in either lighttable or darkroom filmstrip) does not bring that image up in darkroom.

I have checked my mouse settings, all is normal there, and functions as it should with other programs. I made certain to not be running any other applications while testing. I have even re-installed dt 3.0 wondering if some setting got broken. I’ve also reset all my shortcuts to default.

Re-installation of dt should not have any impact on your settings. They are stored in darktablerc (text file). Don’t know the path in Windows. Possibly the strange double-click behaviour you describe is Windows specific, then I’m out at this point.

Yea, that’s very possible. Things certainly worked fine for me previously (I’ve been using dt exclusively for about 3 years now). Anyway, I’m grateful for your attempts to help. I’ll have to keep digging and open an issue.

1 Like