Odd window size behaviour on Linux

Hi, I’m using SiriL 0.99.7 (really, main repo branch) on a Raspberry PI4. On the last weeks I’ve been fighting with screen resolutions trying to find one that small enough to be fast over VNC and big enough to be easy for my eyes :). Finally I’m using 1440x1080 that’s a reasonable size… but SiriL doesn’t fit here… but it fits on the same resolution on a MacBook. Exploring the differences, I’ve found that SiriL is not well behaved on small screens. When I open SiriL it shows as:

It clearly fits on screen at this resolution. In fact I can maximize it to use all the desktop

So, remember, is maximized at this point. When I open a file, something strange happens

As you can see SiriL window (that was maximized) is not bigger that the desktop. I can’t move the window (as it’s maximized), not reach le right part of the window. If I restore the window, move it, hide the right pannel and the maximized it again, it will fit nicely again

But if I try to open the right panel again, the window will increase it size again outside the desktop.

Regards

Hello. This is because low resolution :frowning_face:

A gitlab issue is openened for that but I don’t know how to fix that without make ugly the statusbar.

Which is the minimum resolution?

This should be fixed

Indeed it is!. Wow, this was fast. Thank you Cyril

I’m having this issue on a 1280x1024 screen, but not on a 1600x1200 screen. As with the OP, it only happens when there’s an image file loaded and displayed. Under those circumstances I can’t get it narrower than 1386px.

Please try with the dev version.
Should be fine now.

I’m using 0.99.7+9-0ubuntu0~groovyppa1

Is that not the most recent dev version?

The version on the repository is newer.

From here you mean?

And download ‘master’ from the repository tab and presumably compile it?

Well that’s fixed that, though the download archive is missing the rtprocess subproject and the compiler stops without it. Luckily that’s available directly through git.

you need to clone the git with submodules as explained in the readme.