Only a small testimony

It launches the “Finding control points” action and then I move manually to the “Optimizer” tab to compute the actual alignment parameters…

Yes! This would be great! I, too, will be happy to help if I can. Certainly I could donate some bracketed shots at the very least. Just let me know what I can do to help!

@Isaac if you post your bracketed shots, I’ll start adapting a tutorial.

Cool, I will do that ASAP. It the first day of class today, and I have to finish preparing my lectures, but I will try to get this done by tomorrow afternoon…

@Carmelo_DrRaw @Isaac I’ve started adapting a tutorial over here: https://github.com/paperdigits/website/tree/hugin-aligning-images-tutorial/src/articles/aligning-images-with-hugin

3 Likes

Awesome! I took a few indoor bracketed example shots yesterday, but want to get some outdoor ones too. What is the best way to get you the images? Fork the git repo, add them and issue a pull request? Just hist them somewhere? Do you want raw images? Jpegs? Tiffs?

I’ll get them where ever you put them. Github pull request with raw images would be best and easiest for me.

1 Like

Great job @paperdigits. I’ll give it an eye later this day

Just an FYI, I’ve forked the website repo, made my local clone and have merged up to your “hugin-aligning-images-tutorial” branch. I will add the bracketed shots over the weekend and then will send you a pull request when it is ready!

1 Like

Awesome!

Just submitted a pull request to you. Added bracketed images and a readme.md file to explain them. Let me know if you need anything else!!

Awesome! Thank you, I saw that earlier but don’t have github access on my phone. I’ll pull it tomorrow.

1 Like

@Isaac Do you have a lens profile for these shots?

No lens profile, but I have been achieving good results simply setting lens information manually each time with “equirectangular”, choosing focal length of 12mm, and crop factor of 2 (micro four thirds). The lens is the Samyang/Rokinon 12mm f2. I did a half-hearted Google search for an available lens profile file for this lens the other day, but didn’t find one. Have been too busy to set up a proper calibration image to make a profile with hugin calibration tool, but could try to do that in the next few days…

Hi,

I also wanted to say that I have used hugin lately for some blending of bracketed (non tripod) panorama shots. It works great for the alignment and I do love the “exposure fused from stack” output as it gives me a very nice realistic look (not the overly HDR-effect kind of look), which is a great starting point for further processing (if wanted).

So thanks to the developers !!!
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I finally had time to circle back to the tutorial, if anyone wants to proof read it, it can be found here.

2 Likes

Looks like there may have been an errant paste here:

Select the **Calculgit rebase backstopjs-test git rebase backstopjs-next micas@thehorn:~/Desktop/Photography/website$
ate Field of View** button. 1. Select the Calculate Optimal Size button

Otherwise it’s looking good! :slight_smile:

Oh damn!

I fixed that typo/mispaste, thanks @patdavid.

My last question, @Carmelo_DrRaw, would be:

When selecting the roll and vertical + horizontal translation, should I also select the shot I’ve chosen as my exposure/position anchor?

As far as I understand, no. The anchor image is left unchanged… probably the fact that it is marked as “not active” automatically fixes the parameters, but I’ve not directly checked this statement.