Open all clicked links in new tabs instead of leaving the pixls website

By preference I’d like to have a link open in a new tab. I sort of thought I already had Firefox set up to do this. But it wasn’t working on the pixls forum. So I installed a Firefox add-on “Open Link in New Tab” and set it to open all clicked links in a new tab.

Although this add-on works for at least some other websites (and again, the add-on might not have even been required for other websites) it doesn’t work for the pixls website.

Is there a way to tell pixls to open clicked links in a new tab instead of leaving the pixls website, or else having to use “right click open in new tab” every time?

I’m trying to eliminate right-clicking as much as possible because of issues with using the mouse. Plus simply clicking and having the link open in a new tab is very much more efficient than going through the right-click process.

1 Like

Ha, same mental discussion occurred here at chateau-dementia. Google News does it, annoyed me at first, but really it is convenient for folk like me who want to sidetrack to a link without bolloxing the current ------- Squirrel!!!

I’m trying to eliminate right-clicking as much as possible because of issues with using the mouse. Plus simply clicking and having the link open in a new tab is very much more efficient than going through the right-click process.

I always use middle-mouse-click to open links into a new tab.

1 Like

go to https://discuss.pixls.us/u/elle/preferences/interface and tick the checkbox

2 Likes

That does work, except on my computer this results in the link being opened twice. More to the point, it’s physically considerably more stressful to push the middle mouse “wheel”. Perhaps I need a new mouse. Well, I do for many reasons, but that might not happen any time soon - those ergonomic left-handed mice are somewhat pricey, last I checked.

Wow! Thanks! I should try reading more and typing less!

2 Likes

Sometimes a keystroke combination will also work (Ctrl+Click maybe?)