Open In Photoshop Plugin for Darktable - Available Now

Agreed. The Open command will not work with arguments for the executable binary contained in the bundle (in my experience). You have to enter the full path. I will try the “favorites” trick above when I get some time. A bit of a kludge but if it works that will be good to know

Having trouble getting this working…It seems the Lua implementation has changed a bit since this was released.

I put the file in the Lua/contrib folder, and i can see it in the start stop scripts folder in the lua panel in the bottom left. When I try to start it, I get ‘failed to load’.

Any help would be appreciated

Just stumbled into this problem as well. Seems one of the imports was removed in a newer version of the script manager. I’ve put up a pull request to resolve this but for now you’ll want to remove the line that says ‘require “official/yield”’ in the LUA file.

Pull request is here Remove deprecated import by robotal · Pull Request #2 · BzKevin/OpenInPS-Darktable-PlugIn · GitHub

Hi, I installed the plugin.
It does not open photoshop.
If i debug with : /Applications/darktable.app/Contents/MacOS/darktable -d lua
I see the following error message
2,3050 LUA OpenInPS - Executable Path Preference: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2023/Adobe Photoshop 2023.app
3,5792 LUA ERROR Photoshop not found

In case somebody is still fighting with this: I succeeded by manually changing the path to the Photoshop executable in /.config/darktable/darktable.rc, like

lua/executable_paths/photoshop=/Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2024/Adobe Photoshop 2024.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop 2024

In addition, in OpenInPS.lua I removed (commented by “–”) the two original external program invocations, like

–resp = dsys.external_command(run_cmd)

and replaced them by the following:

run_cmd = "open -a "..run_cmd  
os.execute(run_cmd)		

This is for macOS only, don’t do it on Windows …

I might do a PR later, but there is another PR pending for nearly two years now, so not sure if the original author is still active.