Orthdox Pentecost Sunday. A Reportage.

Yesterday was Pentecost Sunday, or Holy Trinity Sunday, when orhtodox christians celebrate the descent of the Holy Spirit. We also celebrate the founding of the Orthodox Church, in 33AD.

It is customary for people to go out in the fields where the parish priest will hold a short sermon to ask God to give good harvests the coming fall and protect the people, the fields and the village from pests, bad weather, famine and all sorts of trouble.

17 Likes

Very fine photos… I can’t think of much else to say, but thanks for sharing!
They give a real feeling for the place and occasion.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m happy you like them.

1 Like

Nice pictures ! I really like the B&W conversion you did, I assume given the particular quality of the bokeh that you used a vintage lens ? The EXIF seems to confirm my hunch I’d be curious to know which one :slight_smile:
The B&W really fits the subject, nice selection !

1 Like

Yes, you assumed correctly. As a matter of fact I use vintage lenses exclusively, I don’t own a single autofocus lens.

In this case I used a Minolta Rokkor 2/45.

2 Likes

Same here :smiley:
Since the the kit zoom I had when bought with my first m4/3 camera* 10Y ago I’ve only acquired and used vintage manual lenses and over the years I’ve settled for a 28mm 2.8 and a 50mm 1.7 (both yashica m42 mount).
2Y ago I bought a Sony a7 so I guess we have a kind of similar daily setup :slight_smile:

I’d like to buy one handy autofocus zoom though, my wife is does not get as much fun as I do manually focussing and choosing the aperture for each shot, the result being 95% of our pictures taken by me (and thus without me).

-* The 14-45mm 3.5-4.5 provided with the GH1 was really sharp and decently fast to focus though but you can’t win against the fun of vintage lens !

1 Like

You may want to consider getting her an AF prime lens. All the fun of composition, leaving all the rest of the technical details to the camera, and superb optical quality for very little expenditure (for most systems).

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice, I may be seduced by this idea try to get something around 35mm - 40mm then

1 Like