Our Dog's name is Cove

I am very new to learning dt, so I wanted to post an image here that I just got done editing to get an idea of what else could be done with it. I am editing on a pretty crappy laptop monitor which I need to update, so my colors are probably out of order. I think I’d have liked to get closer to the SOOC JPEG green in the trees, but otherwise I feel mostly happy with it.

SOOC:

dt 3.4.1:

DSCF0732.raf.xmp (8.4 KB)
DSCF0732.raf (55.5 MB)

Also, I know I should have removed the stick. I was just taking this to see how my camera handled the light around golden hour. GIMP is next on my list of tools to learn.

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike

1 Like

Nice dog! I think this pic would be a well fit for Reddit’s confusingperspective sub. It looks like he’s wearing the pot as his hat.

The color temperature looks too cold for me so I warmed it up. Probably not right to the scene but I was not there so …

DSCF0732.raf.xmp (15.1 KB)

3 Likes

Ha, you’re right. I really put zero effort into composing this shot, it was just about seeing what the exposure and colors looked like. I like the colors in your edit much better.

)DSCF0732.raf.xmp (14.8 KB)

1 Like

cove.pp3 (24.2 KB) RawTherapee 5.8 Development

1 Like

Can I ask which module you used to warm the colors? I’m not at my computer now to see in the .xmp file, but would like to read some of the documentation on that module to get a better idea of how I can accomplish similar changes.

I used color calibration for the basic white correction. Because you mentioned “golden hour” I used a tiny bit of color correction to warm the highlights.

1 Like

DSCF0732.raf.jpg.out.pp3 (14.8 KB)

DSCF0732.raf-1.jpg.out.pp3 (14.3 KB)

2 Likes

Here’s my version with ART 1.8.2:

dscf0732.jpg.out.arp (10.6 KB)

3 Likes

Fantastic edit @foto! This one is in your wheelhouse :slight_smile:

It took me only 3 to 4 minutes.

1. Set vibrance to 100% then do the WB, then reset vibrance to 0
  2. saturation: -15, vibrance +15
  3. Chromacity: -15

Then some sharpening…

Wysyłanie: DSCF0732-HDR_Neutral-LAB.jpg

4 Likes

You removed the pot! Now the focus really is on the portrait of cove :blush:

1 Like

Except you look at 100% and pixel peep :wink:

1 Like

:wink:

I am not a pharmacist, the work took 5 minutes

Anyway, I prefer your version without pot :blush:

I don’t think @heckflosse is a pharmacist either, though I would love to see him put in some effort and give us his edit already. :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink:

DSCF0732.jpg.out.pp3 (14.2 KB)

1 Like