Overexposed Blur

@ArekHalusko inspired me to try out the Live Composite feature on my EM-5ii - only slight problem was… it’s meant for long exposures (naturally) and the shortest it would let me set on this sunny and windy morning was 1/2 sec. Maybe I should get an ND filter one day. Anyway, in the meantime, I gave up (temporarily) quite quickly as I was overexposing all over the place, but I actually quite liked this one. How about you?

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.
P4271127.ORF (18.8 MB)
P4271127.ORF.xmp (10.2 KB)

8 Likes

This image has a beautiful abstract quality. Print and frame it. I seriously love this image.

3 Likes

lovely texture! I like it. Looking forward to seeing more experiments!

2 Likes

Thanks @Terry and @paperdigits!

I should maybe add for anyone not familiar with Olympus that Live Composite is basically an in-camera multiple exposure blending tactic - you set your shutter speed (from 1/2 to 60sec) then start the “exposure” and it will keep shooting at your set speed while anything that moves will add to the image. The overall exposure stays the same though. You get a live preview while it happens.
Edit: And you end up with a proper .ORF raw file… :+1:

1 Like

Very cool! Like ICM without actually moving anything.

1 Like

Yah you’ll need an ND filter and if you think you’ll keep getting extra light sources you might have to underexpose the image first.

1 Like

I love having fun with my camera and also with our photos in front of my screen.
I congratulate you for experimenting and for sharing it.
My version…

P4271127.ORF.xmp (19.7 KB)

1 Like

While I’m on a roll, this one also fits the title - except that it’s not really overexposed!
I think this was an in camera double exposure but I’m not quite sure now - I was experimenting with no regard for note taking :laughing:
Files licenced Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

P4271182.ORF.xmp (10.1 KB)
P4271182.ORF (13.7 MB)

7 Likes

This one is cool.

2 Likes