Pale Moon Browser ???

Is anyone else having problems on this site when using Pale Moon browser ?

I had to post this using Chrome; Firefox works as well.

However, when using Pale Moon, I cannot get any response from the text box whatsoever; no flashing cursor; nothing.

I can look and read to a fare-the-well; I just cannot reply to anything.

Here is my thread concerning the situation that I started on the Pale Moon forum:

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24463&p=190669#p190669

Scroll toward the bottom where it gets over my head.

Edit: Forgot to add that all other sites that I visit work fine.

I use Pale Moon for some things, but not normally for this site. If you got this reply, it came from Pale Moon.

you know… yes our CSP is blocking piwik atm … but this should not break the whole website for you. there must be more wrong with your setup. because the piwik.js is non-essential.

It is not breaking the whole site; like I stated, I just cannot access a text box to type a reply.

I can look and read and go from page to page just fine; it just will not let me type.

All other sites I visit are working fine.

yes. but the piwik.js is not involved in that text box.

All of my prior (failed) attempts to use the text box have been Pale Moon/Windows 7; I just have made an attempt using Pale Moon/Linux Mint Cinnamon 19.3 and it failed as well.

I am typing this from FireFox/Linux

Okay, typing from Windows/Pale Moon now; someone else figured this out and it works for me = to get a cursor in the text box, I must first click an area on the page outside the text box; then, I get my cursor and I can type.

Thanks, everyone, for their input and patience and understanding.

I use MyPal (fork of Palemoon and the only updated browser for WinXP which is my VM (sandbox) of choice). Seems to work fine; typed this reply in my XP VM. :slight_smile:
Edit;

Will admit that I did have to replace ucrtbase.dll with the previous version since the new version would cause my Browser to be unuseable after a few seconds. I’ve not updated to the MyPal 28.10 because of that (had the same problem so had to recover my VM and keep 28.9.3 with the replaced ucrtbase.dll file since doing the same with 28.10 did not fix the high CPU issue with this DLL). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reading your post triggered my memory that my Pale Moon problem must have started after an update; as it used to work fine.
I inquired about this and a couple other issues on their support site and was not overly impressed with their common manners and courtesy; I now know better than to seek solutions there.
At first, I was sort of impressed with the browser; and, there are several features about it that I like; but, more and more, I find myself having to switch over to Chrome to get something to work that I used to not have a problem with, so I am beginning to lose confidence in it.

btw: an important bit here… you can only access the main text input field after filling in a title. maybe that was the issue?

Using Chrome, I never have to add a title when replying to an already created thread; I just click “Reply” and go to typing.

This is not about replies but the initial post.