Panasonic G7 not recognized by lens correction module automatically

Hi all,

I am constantly running into this little annoyance, and perhaps someone can help me fix it. When enable the lens correction module, my lens is always recognized, but not the camera body. I have a Panasonic G7. The problem seems to be that there is a discrepancy between the image information, which shows the model as DMC-G70, and the lens correction module, which lists it as DMC-G7. It’s not a big deal, since I can select it manually, but it’d be nice if I knew how to fix it.

Thank you!

Please upload a raw file.
G70 and G7 seem to be the same camera.

It is the same camera. There could be changes in the model name depending on regional versions. Anyways, here is a RAW file! Thanks!
P1040927.RW2 (18.6 MB)

And until an entry for that camera is added to the standard lensfun database, you could always create an entry for the DMC-G70 by copying the record for the G7 to a new file (in ~/.local/share/lensfun for linux), and replacing the camera name.
(Don’t forget the <lensdatabase version=1.0> and </lensdatabase> tags opening and closing your new file)

Thank you, but somehow it doesn’t work. I both edited the file where it shows my camera model, as well as created a new one with the new camera info. It won’t show by default. Can you walk me through the steps, in case I missed something?

I added G70 to my local Lensfun database. I also filled an issue at Lensfun https://github.com/lensfun/lensfun/issues/1486

Skärmbild från 2021-09-28 22-04-47

Thank you for filing the issue for me. I didn’t realise that I had installed darktable via flatpak, so the lensfun library that is used is in another location! It’s all fixed now.

1 Like