panorama stitcher in darktable

will there be a panorama stitiching function implemented in darktable soon?
thank you!

https://darktable-org.github.io/luadocs/lua.scripts.manual/scripts/contrib/hugin/

There are many other extension / integration scripts here:

1 Like

thx and how can i use it inside of darktable?
i installed git and updated the lua scripts.
i installed hugin.
i activate hugin
i select my 3 fotos
click und launch GUI
then GUI opens and i can click trough the process
store the batch file
then the panorama is stored in same folder → darktable is not showing it automatically i have to import.

is there a way the whole process starts without GUI, so that i get just the panorama in the folder where my pictures are, because when I click export without GUI checked, something happens in the background but I do not see a stitched panorama picture?

:slight_smile:

I cannot help you further. I very rarely do panoramas, and then export into TIFF, import them in Hugin, export the pano, and import them back. I don’t use Lua scripts.
The docs say:

if hugin gui mode is used, save the final result in the tmp directory with the first file name and _pano as suffix for the image to be automatically imported to DT afterwards

I do a lot of panorama stitching. My method is to process the RAW files in DT and export as 16 bit PNG. I then open Microsoft Image Compositor because I have windows and get that program to stitch the images together and then save the result as a tiff. This tiff can then be opened in DT and further work undertaken if needed. If I was using a MAC or Linux computer I would do the same process but use Hugin instead which is also a great program.

I don’t feel there is a real need to have DT include its own panorama program. It would add complexity to the development and maintenance with little or no gain. Of course the Hugin plugin suggestion might satisfy your needs.

No, there’s no one known to work on such feature, maybe better have a look at xpano - discuss.pixls.us