Parametric Particle simulation in Natron

Is it possible to implement this node based Particle simulation in Natron?

I asked this for GIMP but as Natron already is node based maybe this could be more native for it.

Blender got megagrant from Epic. Maybe Natron could get the grant if it could implement particle system which could be imported in UE4 and compatible with Niagara.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s possible, but it may not be a good idea now.

Blender has moved to the gaming industry in recent years. This was a good business decision. Money is flowing into the project.
The particle system is a smaller part of the game development. It’s important, but not so much. The film industry uses houdini, maya or max usually.

Plus, there’s no one to add features to Natron.
No one to do the job.
What we’ll get in the next version is bugs being fixed, and a new Build System (CentOS 7 based i think).

Anyway thanks for the idea!

Yes, it’s possible, but it may not be a good idea now.

You mean it could be possible in future ?

I would like one could make this kind effect and Adobe Stardust simulations all in Natron

You can do similar effect in Natron without particle system. But it’s a bit complicated. I try make a sample projekt, if I have time for it.

You can do similar effect in Natron without particle system. But it’s a bit complicated. I try make a sample projekt, if I have time for it.

Do you mean displacing the pixels and animating around the circle ?

And use other tricks.
Maybe:

1 Like

Some time ago, someone in the Facebook group mentioned that Trapcode Particular works in Natron. Trapcode has been discontinued but still available for sale. There should be a free demo too. You can check it out.

If I remember right Trapcode Particular had some issues with Natron.

Shadertoy should be able to make some particles? Browse (1) - Shadertoy BETA

If i remember correctly, Thomas posted a demo of a fireworks particle system made with shadertoy in the Fb group. So i think its possible.

Here:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/396018117232429?view=permalink&id=998881113612790

1 Like

can someone paste the template here, I do not have facebook and can not access the link…

For the people missing particles in Natron, here a quick workaround how you can dissolve a 2D image with the Blender particle system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W1J8hYjK9g

1 Like

I asked Thomas about the template and he told me that the website has been deleted and unfortunately he doesn’t have the template files anymore…

But he gave me this link:

1 Like

thanks for checking this out !! :+1:
… I’ll dig in a shadertoy codebase to find some tricks…

1 Like