Pass through RT with only DNG to TIF16 conversion

Can I make a pass using RT to convert a raw Pentax K1 DNG file to a raw TIF16 file? I wish no manipulation of the pixel information and have no worry of loss of the EXIF info? Someone have a pp3 to do this?

Thanks,
RONC

Hi Ronald,

maybe this?

Edit: I missed this: to a raw TIF16 file. So my suggestion is wrong.

Ingo,

Thanks. I’ll have a go at it. Looks pretty easy if I remember to follow directions.

Any news on getting a MAC?

RONC

No, use dcraw.

Why dcraw? RT and dcraw should give same output. Correct?
RONC

No, RT uses dcraw mainly to decode the raw files. After that step the processing is different.

@rechmbrs Use document mode -D. Here is a tutorial on dcraw that I found helpful in the past: GUILLERMO LUIJK >> TUTORIALS >> DCRAW TUTORIAL

Because you wanted “a raw TIF16 file” with “no manipulation of the pixel information”.

Thanks,
RONC

@Morgan_Hardwood

I was under the impression that is just what you get when you select Color Management > Save reference image.

“Save reference image for profiling” avoids most changes, but the image does get demosaiced, and RONC wanted a non-demosaiced TIFF.

RawTherapee can show you the image without demosaicing if you set the demosaicing method to “None”, but the image still gets converted to a working profile, white-balanced, etc.

Morgan,
Thanks for clearing this up. I have dcraw now and will test it today.

RONC