passport_guide not available in "crop/aspect ratio" selection

Hi all,

In former darktable versions I used to use the, very handy, passport_guide as aspect ratio for cropping. Since darktable 4.0.1 the option to select ‘passport_guide’ isn’t available anymore.

• The lua script however is available in my config directory: ~/.config/darktable/lua/contrib/passport_guide.lua
  • I added the following line to luarc: require "contrib/passport_guide"
  • Updated the lua repo to API-6.1.0.
  • The script manager shows passport_guide as ‘started’

Still, passport_guide isn’t available in the crop/aspect ratio pull down menu.
The darktable lua debug log doesn’t provide any further insights (except some other lua scripts that have issues) [1]. Could this be a problem that prevents the passport_guide plugin from loading correctly?

Do you know any other way to get it working again?

Btw. the passport_guide code is available here: lua-scripts/passport_guide.lua at master · darktable-org/lua-scripts · GitHub

Thanks in advance,
Foka

[1]: output of darktable -d lua:

1.477568 LUA ERROR: script_manager.lua: activate: 208: Error loading contrib/OpenInExplorer 1.477649 LUA ERROR: script_manager.lua: activate: 209: Error message: bad argument #2 to '?' (string expected, got function) 2.420990 LUA ERROR: script_manager.lua: activate: 208: Error loading contrib/quicktag 2.421062 LUA ERROR: script_manager.lua: activate: 209: Error message: /home/u/.config/darktable/lua/contrib/quicktag.lua:273: bad argument #2 to 'register_event' (string expected, got function) 2.421376 LUA ERROR: script_manager.lua: activate: 208: Error loading contrib/rate_group 2.421421 LUA ERROR: script_manager.lua: activate: 209: Error message: /home/u/.config/darktable/lua/contrib/rate_group.lua:63: bad argument #2 to 'register_event' (string expected, got function) 2.482661 LUA ERROR: script_manager.lua: activate: 208: Error loading official/copy_paste_metadata 2.482710 LUA ERROR: script_manager.lua: activate: 209: Error message: bad argument #2 to '?' (string expected, got function) 2.539715 LUA ERROR: script_manager.lua: activate: 208: Error loading official/image_path_in_ui 2.539766 LUA ERROR: script_manager.lua: activate: 209: Error message: ...e/u/.config/darktable/lua/official/image_path_in_ui.lua:88: bad argument #2 to 'register_event' (string expected, got function) 2.540650 LUA ERROR: script_manager.lua: activate: 208: Error loading official/import_filter_manager 2.540696 LUA ERROR: script_manager.lua: activate: 209: Error message: ....config/darktable/lua/official/import_filter_manager.lua:60: bad argument #2 to 'register_event' (string expected, got function)

With Lua script Passport_Guide enabled … dt 4.2.0 / 4.3.0+3~gd1c663b66
I think you will now find it as an option under both ‘Crop’ and ‘Rotate and Perspective’’ modules
Global guides overlay - Type - Passport

Oh, thanks for the info.
Then I think I’ll wait a bit as there is no pressure.
I suppose the new release is going to be out on Christmas and until then I wouldn’t like to screw up my db using a self backed development snapshot :wink:

• Foka
1 Like