Personality type based on your monitor setup

We have many personality types in our community. One can only guess whether it is the real you or just a persona. In any case, here is a fun poll for all of you. Enjoy!

• lawful good
  • neutral good
  • chaotic good
  • lawful neutral
  • true neutral
  • chaotic neutral
  • lawful evil
  • neutral evil
  • chaotic evil

0 voters

1 Like

I used to be neutral good until two weeks ago, now Iā€™m only down to one monitor unfortunately. Having two was putting a strain on my neck so I had to give it up :frowning:

What does laptop only count as? :wink:

@chris True neutral: I am not particular about the device type, just the positioning. I definitely had to choose between lawful neutral and chaotic good. :smile_cat:

BTW, everyone can choose up to two setups!

chaotic good, but 3 screens of different sizes, resolution and age

Lawful neutral, but the second monitor is angled 45Ā°ā€¦

Iā€™m a reverse lawful neutralā€¦ Laptop left, primary monitor right.

@Ofnuts What is the reason behind the 45Ā°? Which axis?

@lphilpot That makes the two of us. I am lawful reverse-neutral+evil.

Rotation around a vertical axis. Itā€™s a 27" monitor, if I keep it in the same plane as the laptop I canā€™t read the far end (I sit in front of the laptop).

My personal Linux box is hooked up to a single display: true neutral.
But the laptop I use for work at home, using the same display plus its own, makes my home office setup lawful neutral.
In the office, I use dual displays: neutral good.

I think your test if flawed: how come neither of the work-related setups are some kind of evil? Even if Iā€™m neutral at heart, there should be some influence.

3 Likes

Where I worked in ā€œflex officeā€, on the seats with broken display/network the screens were left rotated 45%, we called that the ā€œwindmillā€ position.

3 Likes

I go to the office twice a week, and usually take the same desk (our team has a fixed area allotted to us on those days).
Iā€™ve also worked in a flex setup, which was bad and illogical: there was a clean desk policy, and after inspections, you either got a ā€˜well doneā€™ note and a small chocolate, or a ā€˜you can do betterā€™ note and no chocolate. Which is nice, in theory, but if the seating is really flexible, you get ā€˜yourā€™ evaluation based on the previous userā€™s tidyness; and if the setup is not really flexible, the fully ā€˜clean deskā€™ policy (no personal items, no pictures and mugs, no headset and so on left on the desk at the end of the day) does not make sense.

1 Like

Because you still expect corporate policies to make sense :smiling_imp: .

You have to lean to turn them your way. Once I was looking for a seat in a company building I rarely go to, and there was this nice desk in a corner near a window, so I sat there. A couple of minutes later a lady comes and tells me I canā€™t use this desk because it is some $high_ranking_directorā€™s desk. Sorry, but there is no identification on this desk, so itā€™s mine for the afternoon. Plus, they donā€™t know who I am :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When I worked for the municipality, I fought for an ergonomic assessment that allowed me to go from chaotic/evil to true neutral, so the reverse can be true. :raised_hands:

I have come to prefer a standing desk 99% of the time. In my office I have one, but when I am working somewhere else for a few days, I have learned to improvise from items I find in the building (stacks of books, maybe a piece of wood, there is always something).

I only dismantle these when I leave. I imagine that this would freak out the inspectors in your company.

A couple of years ago when I was visiting a university as a guest a student saw such a construction (books + a wood plank the janitor kindly provided for me) and asked if he could have the pieces after I leave.

1 Like

I responded incorrectly to the poll. I confused the images and which labels they go with. So, while I responded ā€œNeutral Evilā€, my correct answer should have been ā€œTrue Neutralā€.

Sorry

A personality type based on the camera setup should be fun.

1 Like

No one has commented on the weird faces in the diagram yet.

There arenā€™t the very frequent Windows background?

Clipboard01

I donā€™t know about thatā€¦ seems cursed to meā€¦ maybe I need to calibrate my monitorā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like