Perspective correction, possible bug?

Hi @agriggio

I may have missed something obvious or this may be a small bug in the perspective correction tool.

Take a photo which needs vertical correction (24mm lens):

The default settings on the perspective correction panel are zeros plus 700mm for the lens focal length.

Click Auto-correction > vertical and the verticals are corrected, but the lens focal length remains at 700mm, giving a distorted result:

Copy in the focal length of the lens from the Info panel and the result is perfect:

Question: Should/Could the lens setting be automagically copied into the panel settings when using auto correct? It is no big deal if it can’t, but I use the auto correct buttons a lot if I forget to take my wide lens out with me :confused:

Many thanks

Barry

Are you sure you don’t have an auto applied profile that sets this? In theory the module should pick up the focal length from the metadata already. If this is not the case, please share the raw file, thanks!

Thanks Alberto, I think it may be my fault. My usual profile is a variation on Auto-Matched Curve, where I saved the profile under a which has the 700mm setting:

> [Perspective]
> Enabled=false
> Horizontal=0
> Vertical=0
> Angle=0
> Shear=0
> FocalLength=700
> CropFactor=1
> Aspect=1
> ControlLines=

So when the auto fix is applied to the example the vertical setting changes from 0 to 15.4 as expected, but because FocalLength in the profile is already set at 700, ART leaves that alone. If the Perspective settings have FocalLength=0, the value is read from the RAW file.

My fault. I have fixed my default profile and it works perfectly.

Many thanks

Barry