Photometric calibration failure

Hello, I am a Mac Ventura user and I am having an error when trying to use the photometric calibration. I am attaching a screenshot in case you can help me.
Thank you very much.
I hope the message is understood, it is a Google translation

Same issue for me. Even inages i have processed before will not calibrate they hang and then fail every time. Been trying for two days now!!

Im hoping this is a server issue?

Not for you at least.
First: This is non linear data.
Second: your background is not good at all because of wrong background extraction

Hi, not sure if it is just the background. I’m having the same issue since yesterday on Win 10. Two days before I could calibrate all my images without issues. Now I cant calibrate any image anymore. Even old ones which I had calibrated successfully in the past (like the one in the screenshot) dont work anymore.

The error message says it cannot be platesolved. But if I use the plate solver tool it plate solves successfully. Even after it is plate solved and focal length is fitting perfectly it does not work.

This image is a linear LRBG. I did just background extraction with Graxpert.

If referring to my screen shot. I nornally do the colour calibration in autoscretch. Image is still unstretched at this point.

All other previous images have worked. Revisited raw stacks dont work anymore.

Please explain wring background extraction?

All i do is “generate” red squares then remove the ones over the galaxy. Prior i crop the image

Same. Windows 10. Up until yesterday it was working just fine

Since it just happened without changing anything it might have something to do with loading from catalogs from the web.

I did even a complete inclusive deleting all the app data in the user folders after had the issue. But it does not change anything.

Same. Tried reinstalling and as i said tried old files which worked fine before.

I also did that

1 Like

I tried changing from nomad to apass under catalogue parameters and now it does it?
Not sure what the difference is as i have only just started using siril.

Still not happy with the colours in my M33 image?

It still fails me with APASS

It looks like the servers are down.
Let’s wait tomorrow, Monday.

Yes, servers for nomad seem to return either empty files or keep trying to start the connection…
Worked for me with APASS though

1 Like

Thanks for confirming.

Using APASS i was able to get it looking a lot better!! Is NOMAD any different or better? If so i will give it another go in the week

I’ve had the exact same problem and have even tried the photometric color calibration on an image I was able to successfully correct 4 days ago. I’m hoping that it is a server issue as this feature works amazingly on my blue cast CLS and UHC filter images.

1 Like

Next version of Siril is able to work with a locally-installed star catalogue (NOMAD), that will avoid problems like these. Also, the way stars are identified in images for photometry is completely different and the result is in general much better.

When Siril says the downloaded catalogue size is 0, there’s a problem somewhere independent of Siril in general. Maybe we should emphasize the issue indeed.

1 Like

I am only new to Siril, but I am seeing the same problem the last 24 hours, it was driving me crazy because it was failing on images that it had worked on previously.
I too am seeing the catalogue size 0 message, and figured it was an issue with Siril getting data from a remote server somewhere.
Hopefully something that will be resolved soon, although the offline catalog in the next version sounds very promising.
edit: Switched to APASS and its working again, thanks for that suggestion!

Servers are back

1 Like

Thank you very much, it worked for me again

Thanks a lot! It is working fine again with nomad.

And I’m looking forward for the next version with improved color calibration. Siril is a great tool :slightly_smiling_face: